You can record videos with amazing quality with your iPhone. The downside to this, however, is that videos end up with huge file sizes. Since most social media services limit file size for sharing, you are probably wondering how to shrink your iPhone videos.
One way to deal with this is to learn how to compress the videos on your iPhone. Most of the time, when you apply compression, the video quality stays the same, but you get a much smaller file size than the original.
If you are interested, here are the best ways to compress a video on your iPhone.
1. Reduce the video size on your iPhone using Video Compress
The easiest way to shrink a video on your iPhone is to use a third-party compression app. Video compression is a free app on the iOS App Store that allows you to compress your videos to make them smaller without sacrificing quality.
You don’t need to configure complex options for compression. Just upload your video to the app and it will be reduced in size for you.
That’s how it’s done:
- Download and install Video compression on your iPhone if you haven’t already.
- Open the app and tap the tooth Icon in the upper right corner. Then choose an output file format from the Export file type. Your compressed video will be saved in this format.
- Go back to the main interface and tap the only icon on the screen.
- Give the app permission to access all of your videos and photos.
- Select the video you want to compress from your gallery.
- You will see a slider that you can use to adjust the compression level for your video. Drag this slider to see the resulting file size. When you’re happy with the size, tap the icon in the top right corner.
- Wait for the app to compress your video.
The app will automatically save the video. On the next screen, once the compression is complete, you can delete the original video by tapping Delete original.
2. Shrink a video on your iPhone by compressing videos and resizing the video
Another option for changing the video quality on your iPhone is this Compress and resize videos App that is free with an available premium version. This app greatly reduces the size of your iPhone videos, so you can share your videos wherever there are size restrictions.
How to Resize Your iPhone Videos Using This App:
- begin Compress and resize videos and allow him to access your photos and videos.
- Tap Select videos to compress to add a video for compression.
- Select a video to compress and tap Next.
- On the resulting screen, type a. at Frame rate and Video dimensions for your resulting video file. The smaller the numbers you choose here, the more you shrink your video file.
- Then tap that compress Button and wait while the app compresses your video.
- Once your video is compressed, you will see both the old and new sizes of your video. To delete your original video, tap the Delete original Opportunity. Otherwise choose Keep 1 original to keep both original and compressed videos on your phone.
3. Compress a video on your iPhone with Media Converter
Not all video formats are fully optimized for small file sizes. Because your iPhone focuses more on the quality than the size of your video files, it uses a format that allows for better quality but takes up more space.
Converting your iPhone video from the standard format to another compressed format is another way to compress your videos. This shouldn’t affect the quality of your video too much and your video file size will be many times smaller.
Media converter, another free app with a premium version available, is one such app that you can use to convert and compress your videos. Here’s how:
- Download and install Media converter on your iPhone.
- Tap Add to (+) above and choose Photo library.
- Allow the app to access your gallery and tap the video that you want to convert and compress.
- Tap the selected video and choose Convert video from the menu on your screen.
- Tap the format Menu and choose a file format for your video.
- Change any other options you want, and then tap when done Start conversion to start converting your video.
- You will see the converted file on the main interface.
4. Compress an iPhone video online
If you only have a few videos to compress, an online tool might be more convenient. You don’t need to install an app to use these tools, and these web apps work just as well as native iOS apps.
Klideo is one such online tool that can be used to compress your iPhone videos on the web.
All you have to do is upload your video, let the tool convert it, and then download the resulting file to your local storage. Clideo also offers an option to save the resulting compressed video to your Google Drive or Dropbox account.
Remember, this site will brand your video with them. If that’s okay with that, here’s how to compress your iPhone videos with Clideo:
- Open minded safari and go to Klideo Page? ˅.
- Tap Choose file and choose Photo library.
- Select the video to compress. It will be uploaded to the Clideo site.
- Wait for the tool to compress your video.
- When your video is compressed, tap Download. Alternatively, you can also save your video to Google Drive or Dropbox.
5. Make your iPhone record smaller videos
You can actually configure what resolution your iPhone records videos in. The lower the resolution, the smaller your video file will be.
If you want to compromise the quality of your videos, you can make your iPhone record smaller videos by default.
- Start the settings App and tap camera.
- Tap Record a video.
- Choose an option that will balance both the size and quality of your videos. The lower the number, the smaller the file size.
Resize your iPhone videos in just a few clicks
You don’t have to live with huge video files on your iPhone. As shown above, there are many ways to compress and reduce video file size on your iPhone. Use these tools to shrink your videos to make them compatible with more file sharing options.
As with videos, you can also convert your audio files. If your device is loaded with a lot of songs and you want them to take up less space, learn how to compress audio files.