Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers in the world. It is loved by everyone belonging to any age group. Be it a student, a teacher or a parent, Google Chrome has something to offer for everyone. With its latest updates, it has always outdone itself by bringing the latest features to help its users.
Google add-ons are a great way to provide features to users that aren’t readily available in our browser. Class or work, you have to sit in front of your desktop for hours to do anything.
With all courses now conducted online, it becomes difficult for teachers to effortlessly manage their work and time. However, you can always seek help from Google add-ons.
After COVID hit us, my mother, who is a teacher herself, was concerned about how she would organize her classes. To make it easier for her, I have introduced her to different ones chrome Add-ons that would make your job easier and better.
7+ best Chrome Extensions for students
Let’s take a look at the best extensions for teachers Google Chrome Browser –
- Class exercise zoom
- Google notes
- To meet
- Bottom line: Chrome Extensions for teachers
If you are looking for an extension that will help you organize your assignments and grade them efficiently without wasting time, Kami is for you. Trusted by millions around the world.
With Kami you can turn anything into a classroom. No matter what.
How to download Kami. down and set it up Chrome Renewal?
Some of the main functions of kami are :
- It can turn an image or PDF into an interactive learning resource.
- It helps you collaborate with students in real time.
- You can grade and return assignments without errors.
- You can present everything on the screen and comment accordingly.
- You can assign assignments and grade them instantly with feedback.
However, it may take some time to load documents or similar files that will waste the time of your class.
Class exercise zoom
Worried that your students are not doing their assignments well? Are you worried that they are trying hard enough?
If you answered yes to all of the above, Classwork Zoom will make things relatively easier for you.
Some of the key features of Classwork Zoom are :
- It visualizes the work of the students via Google Docs, Sheets, Slides etc.
- You can evaluate the work of the entire class at once.
- It’s an extension made by teachers for teachers.
- You can take a closer look at each student’s efforts.
- It can easily be linked to Google Classroom.
However, this feature is only useful if you are using Google Classroom with your students. If you’re using another app, it might not work.
If your students get bored easily, InsertLearning is there for you. Not only will it be fun but also very interactive.
This extension is designed to turn even the most boring website into an interactive learning resource.
Some of the great features of InsertLearning are :
- It can turn any website into an interactive classroom.
- You can insert pictures, videos, or even sticky notes on a website.
- Students can also mark up and add their notes.
- You can see the students’ annotations in real time.
- You can assign a lesson to the entire class at the same time.
Even though it comes with so many useful features, it has its drawbacks. The lessons can only be shared in Google Classroom and not on other platforms.
Do you always run out of important data at the last moment of your class? Are you having a hard time remembering the important points?
Well don’t worry. With Google Keep, you can mark up and save all of your important notes.
To name a few of the most important features of Google Keep :
- You can save text, images, or even urls.
- You can even take notes on content that has already been saved.
- You can also add labels to your notes.
- All of your notes are automatically synced with Google Keep.
However, there are times when the UI can become lazy and you may find it difficult to tag or highlight all of your notes at all times.
Are you a multitasker and want to manage your time well at the same time? There is a possibility that your monitor does not support your multitasking.
You don’t have to think about it anymore as Dualless splits the screen in two for you.
Some of the notable features of Dualless are :
- You can split the current browser window into a pair.
- You can change the window size according to your needs.
- The split window can also be viewed full screen.
- You can even duplicate the current page in another window.
While it’s great, it can have functionality issues. There may be a delay at times and it will take longer than usual to fully charge.
Some apps and websites have a size limit on PDFs that can be uploaded or viewed. In such a case there is a SmallPDF Chrome Extension comes in handy.
With it, you can compress or convert your PDFs with just one click.
The SmallPDF extension is packed with lots of features. Some of them are :
- You can compress the PDFs as you wish.
- You can convert PDF to Word format or vice versa.
- You can also edit your PDF files.
- You also have access to merge or split your PDF files.
- You can add compressed attachments to emails
However, the features available in the free version of the extension are limited and most of the useful features come with the Pro account.
We all agree that visual content affects students far more than just plain text or audio. To make it even easier, Screencastify is here to help.
With the help of Screencastify, you can record, edit and trim videos.
How to show recorded video. at Chrome Browser?
Some of the amazing features of Screencastify are :
- You can record video with your webcam or record something on the screen.
- You can edit or compress videos according to your needs.
- All videos are synced through Google Drive.
- You can share it directly with your Google Classroom.
- You can activate your audio with any video you record.
However, it may not always work efficiently and cause some issues that may need to be fixed later.
There is a high chance your students will not understand things that have neither audio nor explanation. Don’t worry as a mote Chrome Enlargement will solve all of your problems.
It allows you to add voice or audio notes to documents, slides, or even tasks.
Some of the great features of Mote are :
- You can create voice memos for any website.
- You can add audio or voice notes to documents, slides, or even Gmail.
- You can insert voice commands or feedback in Google Slides.
- You can provide feedback or ask questions to the students.
- It supports more than 20 languages.
However, it may take longer for the audio to be added to the slides and documents. Longer audio clips can also be a problem.
Bottom line: Chrome Extensions for teachers
Chrome Extensions have been found to be helpful to many people around the world. No matter what age group they belong to or what they do, Chrome has something in store for everyone. If you work in a law firm or a publishing house, Chrome Extensions have something that appeal to you. It is no different with teachers either.
Since the beginning of this pandemic, teachers have suffered greatly as they have to do everything from the comfort of their own home. You need to interact and grade her students who are sitting miles away from her. From now on I’ve made a list of the best Chrome Extensions that make a teacher’s job easier and more efficient.
I helped my mother with this Chrome also extensions and set them up for her so that she can always be with her students and not struggle with the same ones. She was very happy about it and can now work in peace.
20 best Chrome Productivity enhancements in 2021 [Must Install]
Do you think these extensions can help teachers? Why or why not?
Finally, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should try.
|Chrome window||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox window||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge window||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung internet||Edge Linux|
If you have any thoughts on this 7+ best Chrome Extensions for teachers in 2021 [Online Classes] , feel free to stop by downstairs Comment box . If you find this article helpful, consider sharing it with your network.
Please also subscribe to ours BrowserLike YouTube Channel for helpful video tutorials.