First, how do we get here? It all started on April 14, 2020. All gaming operators licensed by the UK Gambling Commission must comply with the directive and no longer allow credit cards for gambling payments.
Only three months ago, the Gambling Commission issued a statement on January 14, 2020, thus making this progress. With the support of this directive, from April 16, 2020, all betting transactions using credit cards (especially transactions that are considered to be for gambling reasons) will be blocked.
Therefore, banks and other well-known financial institutions began to devise means to help customers in different ways. Among the measures developed, the main one is mobile banking applications, which can help easily prevent gambling transactions.
With these mobile banking apps, you as a gambling fan can now control your spending on gambling activities. Certain casinos that are not on Gamstop may allow you to continue playing or even self-containment. NonStopCasino.org It is believed that this method of blocking non-Gamstop casinos is indeed effective. In this article, we will introduce five of these mobile banking applications and introduce you to the basics of the process. Follow along!
If you are a customer of Lloyds Bank, this is even an easier way.
- First, after downloading the mobile banking application, go to the main screen of the application, click “More”, and select “Card Management”
- After that, continue to select “Card Freeze”
- Select the card you want to apply the restriction to, and then turn the freeze option on or off according to whether you want to set or remove the restriction.
It’s that simple. The modification will take effect immediately. You can update this setting at any time when you log in to the app.
Activate one Gambling payment restrictions To use the Halifax Mobile Banking App, please follow the steps below:
- Download the mobile banking app and set it up.
- Register to use the mobile banking app
- When launching the mobile banking application, click on the “More” option on the main screen and select “Card Management”
- Move to the “Card Freeze” category and select “Freeze Gambling.”
This move by these banks is intended to encourage and assist customers to control the amount they place bets from time to time. Therefore, they added this new feature to their mobile banking service.
Now, their banking application allows you, as a customer, to add or remove restrictions on gambling activities at will when using debit cards and the “Pay by Bank” application.
The inclusion of this gambling restriction allows bar transactions with any gambling operator; whether it is an online gambling operator, a casino, or other industries such as “zip code lottery”.
Please also note that you reserve the right to set restrictions only based on your personal data. You are not authorized to set this limit on behalf of others. Other terms and conditions also apply.
Royal Bank of Scotland
If you are dissatisfied with your gambling expenditures and are a Royal Bank of Scotland customer, you can set up a gambling area through the following three basic steps to regain control of your credit card.
- Download the app first. Before you select the “Manage My Card” option in the list of available options, launch the application and select your account.
- Continue to select “Lock Card Settings” from the next option displayed on the screen.
- Finally, click the “Gambling Transaction” button to apply the restriction.
You will receive a message confirming that your card has been banned from gambling-related transactions.
We start with HSBC.if you want Apply for or remove gambling restrictions On the HSBC debit card, you only need to follow these simple steps:
- Download the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app.
- Use your digital security key to launch the app
- Select “Account Details” and then select the “Manage Card” option.
- Continue to select “Gambling Restrictions”
- Choose any card that meets the conditions of this process, and you want to restrict the card from being used for any gambling-related activities.
- Take time to study the information displayed on the screen
- After confirming that you have researched the information, select “Turn on Restrictions” to confirm that you want to start
- Review the steps for other qualified cards that you want to add restrictions to.
- To remove the betting restriction, follow the same steps as above and click “Turn Restrictions” to remove the restrictions on the applicable card.
To control the merchants that can use the card for payment, please follow the steps below:
- When you click on the “Quick Link” on the mobile app home screen, select the “Card” option.
- Choose your debit card (you can only choose one)
- Then, click the “Merchant Control” icon.
- Specify the part you want to restrict
- Restrict retailers by using toggle.
Note: You must be at least 16 years old before you can use the bank’s mobile application.