Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.14 was released a day ago as the latest maintenance release for a turn-based strategy game.
In the new release, translations of add-on titles and descriptions will be used when available in the add-on client and will be provided to .pbl via the add-on server at upload time.
Other changes to Wesnoth 1.14.14 include:
- Translation updates.
- 5p – Wilderland: Player 5 units are sorted as you cycle through them with the »n« key.
- Fixed a button that was disabled using the highlighted color that was pressed.
- Recognize wmllint [remove_time_area] To avoid false warnings about unit IDs.
- The file created by the scenario editor contains routine warnings about manually editing the file.
How to install Wesnoth 1.14.14 on Ubuntu:
The latest Wesnoth package is available as a Flatpak package for Ubuntu 18.04 and later, and most other Linux desktops.
1.) If you are installing the Flatpak package on Ubuntu for the first time, run the command (Ctrl + Alt + T) in your terminal to set up your system.
- Use the command to install the Flatpack framework.
sudo apt install flatpak
- Add the Flathub repository using the command.
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
2.) You can then run the following command to install the Battle for Wesnoth flatpak package.
flatpak install flathub org.wesnoth.Wesnoth
To update the package, just run
flatpak update org.wesnoth.Wesnoth command.
To remove the flatpak package, run the command in your terminal:
flatpak uninstall org.wesnoth.Wesnoth