After months of speculation and rumors, Apple has finally unveiled the new avatar of the iMac, powered by its in-house M1 processor “Spring Loaded” event. The new M1 iMac has a 24 ″ 4K Retina display with 11.3 million pixels. That’s not all, another brilliant thing about the newer model is its thickness, which is only 11.5mm. Apple claims that the new iMac comes with an improved camera and many more brilliant features that will eventually give you better performance and an enhanced viewing experience.
Let’s not forget that the base model of the M1 iMac has a 7-core GPU, an 8-core CPU and two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports. Others have an 8-core GPU, 8-core CPU, two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports, two additional USB 3 ports, Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, Magic Mouse and Ethernet. As for the Apple ecosystem, the iMac joins in along with the M1 chipset club MacBook Air, Macbook Pro, and the Mac mini.
With the introduction of Apple iMac, the company introduced many more products, such as: M1 iPad Pro, the new Apple TV 4K, and the little trackers called as AirTags.
Now that you have either of these two models, you may need some USB adapters for better accessibility and use. Because this product is new in the market, it can be difficult to locate in the market. With this in mind, we decided to put together a roundup of the best USB adapters for the M1 iMac. Continue reading!
Note: We update our article from time to time to cover the latest products available in the market.
List of the best M1 iMac USB adapters
1. CalDigit Thunderbolt 4-element hub
The CalDigit Thunderbolt hub is probably the best you can find on the market right now. It is compatible with M1 iMac and various MacBooks. Below are some notable features of this USB dock that you are sure to like.
- This Element Hub from CalDigit is compatible with Thunderbolt 1, 2, 3 & 4. This means you can use it with both the base model and the beefiest model.
- The multi-USB port design allows you to access various peripheral devices such as mouse, keyboard, SSDs, Hard drives, and more.
- The universal compatibility design enables use with other macOS devices as well as USB-enabled devices.
- The 60W power delivery function allows you to easily charge your tablet, MacBook, etc.
- A high-resolution display of 8K, Dual 4K and 1440p is perfectly supported with this hub. You can enjoy high quality videos.
- Best of all, you can use it as a charging station for seven different devices, and it comes with a 0.8m charging cable.
2. VAVA 7-in-1 iMac USB-C adapter
If you’re looking for a pocket-friendly USB adapter, here’s another option from VAVA. This 7-in-1 USB-C hub is a brilliant gadget for someone who works with different devices all day. If you own or want to buy the new M1 iMac, this thing is going to come in handy in several ways.
- Thanks to the multiport 7-in-1 design, you can use all ports at the same time according to your requirements. It contains 3xUSB 3.0 ports, 1xHDMI port, 1xPower Delivery charging port, 1xSD card reader, 1xTF card reader.
- Thanks to its compact and slim design, you can take it with you wherever you go when you are on the go.
- If you want to enjoy videos on a big screen with 4K and 1080p resolution, then the VAVA USB-C hub will certainly come in handy for you.
- The fast Power Delivery port offers 100W charging to power your MacBooks and other laptops.
- The plug-and-play function eliminates the need to install drivers and other things.
- Let’s not forget that it offers a data transfer speed of up to 5 Gbps.
Best Thunderbolt / USB-C adapter for M1 iPad Pro
3. Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
If you’re a devoted Apple fan, the company’s Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter should be your first choice.
- This adapter allows you to connect external hard drives and Thunderbolt displays to any of the Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- You can connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to the Mac using the Thunderbolt 2 port, as it is bidirectional.
- This adapter world works well with iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini that have Thunderbolt ports.
- It should be noted that this adapter will work properly with macOS Sierra.
Given the features and ease of use, the price is much higher.
4. Tuwejia USB 3.1 Multiport Adapter for iMac M1
Here we have the budget-friendly multiport adapter from Tuwejia for you. Remember, this is the updated version of the older version with limited specs. In the notes below, we’ve discussed some notable properties of this pocket-sized dynamite.
- The ultra-compact design of this adapter allows you to easily take it with you wherever you go.
- The 4K UHD HDMI port available in this adapter allows small displays to be mirrored to considerably large displays without compromising video quality.
- The USB 3.0 port offers the highest data transfer speed of up to 5 Gbit / s.
- You can use at least two peripherals when working on your iMac.
- This adapter is largely compatible with Mac devices such as the M1 MacBook Pro, M1 MacBook Air, and M1 iMac.
- The brand claims that the aluminum case will dissipate the heat that is released when you use this adapter.
5. BYEASY 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub for M1 iMac
If you’re looking for a super affordable yet practical USB hub for your M1 iMac 2021, here is one from BYEASY. This advanced portable hub has four different USB ports that come in handy for using multiple devices at the same time.
- The ultra-slim and unique design is a feast for the eyes, while the compact design ensures maximum mobility when traveling.
- This BYEASY USB hub supports data transfer rates of up to 5 Gbit / s (USB 3.0), 480 Mbit / s (USB 2.0), 12 Mbit / s (USB 1.1)
- The universal compatibility allows you to use this gadget with Windows / macOS / Linux and ChromeOS.
- It’s worth noting that this product comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with it.
- In addition, it is one of the super cheap USB adapters currently available on the market.
Best hard drives for M1 iMac
6. Syntech USB-C to USB adapter for iMac 2021
Here’s another ultra-compact adapter with a USB-A port. These tiny masterpieces are available in different colors and are super cheap.
- Based on its design, the body of this adapter is made of a zinc alloy with a fine embossing to prevent it from slipping.
- The ultra-compact design of this adapter ensures maximum mobility. You can even carry it in your jeans pocket.
- This tiny adapter is compatible with the Post 2018 MacBook Air, Post 2016 MacBook Pro, and the iMac.
- The plug-and-work function makes it easier for you to work with various macOS devices.
- According to the product information, this device is designed so that it can be plugged in and unplugged up to 10,000 times. It’s nothing but ensures the durability of this adapter.
7. FlePow USB-C Hub Multiport Adapter
Are you looking for a multiport adapter for the latest M1 imac that will meet all of your connectivity needs? Here’s one from FlePow. This aluminum multiport hub has a slim and compact design.
- Aesthetically, the aluminum finish is a feast for the eyes, while the overheating protection protects the connected devices from heating up.
- You will find three standard USB ports that support a transmission speed of up to 5 Gbit / s. Now no file transfer delays.
- This USB-C hub lets you project a small screen onto a significantly larger one without sacrificing video quality. The HDMI port available in this adapter easily streams 4K UHD or Full HD 1080p videos.
- An advanced chipset is integrated into this hub, which protects your device from overheating, overcurrent and high temperatures.
Overall, this USB-C hub is full of specs and features suitable for anyone who works from home. Plus, it’s a viable option for someone interested in vlogging.
8. ZMUIPNG USB-C adapter hub for M1 iMac
Similar to the above, the ZMUIPNG USB-C adapter has a multiport design which is useful for connecting four different USB-based devices and SD and TF cards.
- This multiport adapter offers 4K HDMI output that can mirror small screens to significantly larger ones.
- There are three high-speed USB 3.0 ports that offer data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps. This will help someone who has to transfer data on a daily basis, such as B. Vloggers, Photographers, etc.
- The ZMUIPNG adapter is broadly compatible with all MacBook Pro 2016-2020, MacBook Air 2018-2020, and many other devices including iMac.
- Let’s not forget that this adapter can also be used as a USB-based power supply, as it offers a maximum power of 4.5 W.
- The plug-and-play function eliminates the worry of additional divers throwing equipment.
Given the price, the brand has a lot of things to offer, so consider this one too.
That’s all in this roundup of the best USB adapters for the M1 iMac in 2021. Stay tuned until we hit another interesting topic from the tech world.
Best HDMI cables for Apple TV 4K