Blender 2.82 was released as the second update of the 2.80 series. The snap package has been updated for Ubuntu 18.04 and later.
Blender 2.82 Comes with over a thousand fixes and some important updates. The changes in the new release are:
- Create incredible fire and smoke simulations with the new Mantaflow system.
- New FLIP solver for creating realistic liquids
- Improved cloth simulation
- The popular tile-based UV mapping system is fully integrated
- Pixar US dollar export support.
- Cycles supports OptiX’s AI-Accelerated Denoiser for NVIDIA RTX graphics cards.
- AI noise removal, grease pencil improvement, etc.
How to install Blender 2.82 on Ubuntu:
Blender offers the official Snap package (running in the sandbox) for the Linux desktop. If you have already installed the snap package, it will be updated automatically.
For Ubuntu 18.04 or later, just search and install from Ubuntu software.
There are three Blender packages in Ubuntu software:
native .deb packageAnd
Review the package details and install the package from the Snap Store.
For Ubuntu 16.04, first open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T) and run the command to install
sudo apt install snapd
Next, install the official Blender snap package using the command:
sudo snap install blender --classic
Once installed, launch it from the system application launcher and enjoy!