Celluloid (formerly Gnome MPV) released version 0.20 a few hours ago. Here’s how to install it on Ubuntu 20.04 via PPA:
celluloid A simple GTK + front end for mpv media players. Features of the latest 0.20 release:
- Allows the context menu to be activated when the playlist is empty.
- The timestamp label is resized as the value changes, preventing the seek bar from being constantly resized.
- Display a single error dialog only if a large number of errors occur in succession.
- Add a menu item to open the folder.
- Adjust the position of UI elements in modal dialogs in non-CSD mode for better consistency with CSD mode.
- Add support for importing external video tracks.
- Allows you to switch playlist shuffles.
- Use the arrow keys on the numeric keypad to make the arrow key binding work.
How to install Celluloid 0.20 on Ubuntu 20.04:
The celluloid media player can be installed via the flat pack package. Flathub repository..
For those who like apt repositories, Previously Gnome MPV PPA We have created a new release package for Ubuntu 20.04 and Linux Mint 20.
1.) Press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for “Terminal” from the application menu to open a terminal. Once open, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xuzhen666/gnome-mpv
Enter your user password (without asterisk feedback) when prompted and press Enter to continue.
2.) Next, use the command to install the media player.
sudo apt install celluloid
For Ubuntu derivatives, you may need to run
sudo apt update First update the package cache.
To remove the media player, open a terminal and run the command.
sudo apt remove celluloid
Then use the command to delete the PPA repository.
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:xuzhen666/gnome-mpv