Darktable RAW Image Editor 3.0.1 was released one day ago with many new features and various bug fixes. To install on Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10, and Ubuntu 20.04, follow the steps below.
Highlights of the Darktable 3.0.1 release:
- A new color evaluation mode has been introduced for the darkroom.
- Resize the left and right panels directly with the mouse.
- Add focus peaking mode to light tables and darkrooms. Switch via
- Wavelet denoising profile has a new Y0U0V0 mode.
- Add support for compressed LUTs (.gmz) to the 3D LUT module.
- Adds wide color gamut HLG / PQ based color space P3 and Rec2020.
- Other changes. Please refer to the Release notes.
How to install Darktable 3.0.1 on Ubuntu:
You can also install Darktable 3.0.1 from Unofficial PPA Perform the following steps one at a time.
1. Open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T) and execute the command to add PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/darktable
Enter your user password (without asterisk feedback) at the sudo prompt and press Enter to continue.
2. If you have an older version installed, upgrade using Software Updater.
Alternatively, run the command in a terminal to install Darktable.
sudo apt update sudo apt install darktable
To remove PPA, launch Software and Update and navigate to other software or run commands in Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/darktable
Use Ubuntu software to remove the RAW image editor.