Just a few weeks after the release of Krita 4.4, the first point release, Krita 4.4.1, was released with various bug fixes and stability improvements.
For Android and Chrome OS, Krita now uses SDK v29, which eliminates the need for permissions to run and makes it easier to access external files. There are also color picker, copy and paste fixes on the platform.
Other fixes for Krita 4.4.1:
- Fixed a crash when loading a file containing a pattern fill layer
- Correction of load mask by vector selection
- Fixed text tool crash when double-clicking text to open editor
- Fixed a crash when using the move tool with pixel selection
How to install Krita 4.4.1:
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for “Terminal” from the System Applications menu to open a terminal. Once open, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kritalime/ppa
Enter your user password (without asterisk feedback) when prompted and press Enter to continue.
2. Next, upgrade Krita via the Software Updater.
Alternatively, run the commands one at a time in your terminal to install or upgrade your paint software.
sudo apt update sudo apt install krita
To remove a PPA[ソフトウェアとアップデート]Launch and[その他のソフトウェア]Go to the tab.
To remove Krita, run the following command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove krita krita-*