For most users and businesses, having a place where not only can seamlessly store, access, synchronize and share files, but also a twist of flexibility and simplicity is absolutely important. FileCloud brings such a safe haven and a great return on investment (ROI) for businesses and individuals.
How FileCloud works
If you are familiar with Dropbox, FileCloud lets you run your own Dropbox-like private file sharing and synchronization solution that is fully integrated with your IT infrastructure and storage. To clearly show how it integrates with your IT infrastructure, people can access files from Windows and Mac as drives, sync files, and access from mobile devices. If you have other files residing in the public cloud, there is no restriction as you can connect to local storage, Amazon S3 or Azure storage.
Unlike Drop-box and other implementations, you can gain full data ownership and control by hosting FileCloud on-premises or in the cloud yourself. In case you want to provide backup and storage for clients, FileCloud is agnostic, and it allows you to run your own private cloud storage and synchronization solution for clients and clients, giving you complete control over your organization’s data.
FileCloud provides multiple ways to securely organize your files. You can access data through web browsers, desktop sync clients, mapped virtual drives, mobile applications, WebDAV and browser add-ons. There are countless ways to ensure that anything you like is available.
It should be noted that there are two versions of FileCloud, the community edition and the enterprise edition.
FileCloud Community Edition
For only $ 10 a year, businesses can run their own local storage, sharing, and synchronization systems in Linux and Windows operating environments. Community Edition has the ability to create 5 full users, an unlimited number of restricted users, and access through desktop, mobile applications and web portals. All proceeds from Community Edition are donated to charity.
The main function
- By hosting your data locally or in the cloud, you gain complete data ownership and control.
- Enable remote access and support synchronization to network shares via NTFS permissions.
- Ability to connect to local storage, Amazon S3 or Azure storage
- Access files from Windows and Mac as drives, sync files, and access from mobile devices.
- Forum-based support.
- It can run on Windows 2008 R2, Windows 10 and later, Ubuntu 16.04 or later, RedHat & CentOS
- Equipment management
- Audit log
- Federated Search
- Custom URL
- Team folder
- Network folder
- Shared files and folders
- Folder access control
FileCloud Enterprise provides your organization with competitive features at a relatively affordable price. It has the most advanced features by advancing the features already in the community edition.
The main function
- Data governance (including smart DLP, smart classification, retention policies, and governance dashboards)
- Single sign-on (SSO): integration with LDAP, NTFS permissions, and Active Directory
- Solr search
- Server synchronization
- Third party integration (AV, SalesForce, SIEM, etc.)
- SMS authentication
- Integration with Office and Outlook: You can open, edit and save all Office files stored in FileCloud directly from your browser. FileCloud enhances Microsoft Office’s collaboration capabilities with DocIQ, a real-time assistant that displays relevant and contextual information in the same window as Microsoft Office documents.
- Powerful management tools: The management dashboard provides usage trends, geographical access, license information and update alerts.
- Unparalleled branding options: You can run FileCloud on a custom domain and customize almost everything, including logos, background images, fonts, email communications, and terms of service
- High availability architecture
- You can run FileCloud as a microservice
- Advanced features: FileCloud provides workflow automation, API and third-party integration to achieve complex custom requirements.
- Object storage: Supports AWS S3, Azure Blob, Wasabi, EMC ECS and other S3-compatible storage systems.
- Collaboration: File lock. Activity stream, smart notifications
Now you have all the reasons to make FileCloud perfectly organize, sync and share files and folders. With this self-hosted file sharing, you can eliminate all the hassles and burdens of bad collaboration, and it can protect your security, control, and convenience.
Get more insights, more details, and opportunities to talk to the FileCloud team by Click this link.
Our next guide will discuss installing FileCloud on a CentOS / Ubuntu Linux server. Check out the related guide below.
How to configure AWS S3 CLI for Ceph Object Gateway storage
Compress and deduplicate storage using Virtual Data Optimizer (VDO)
Setting up GlusterFS storage with Heketi on CentOS 8 / CentOS 7
Best storage solution for Kubernetes and Docker containers
How to set up an S3-compatible object storage server with Minio