Mozilla Firefox Web Browser 86.0 has been released with improved support for pop-out video and the latest privacy protection.
Firefox 86 can now play multiple videos simultaneously in picture-in-picture mode.
The new release also includes a new privacy protection, Total Cookie Protection. By creating a separate cookie jar for each website, we prevent cookies from tracking you on the web.
To enable this feature
about:preferences#privacy Open the page and set Enhanced Tracking Protection to Strict mode.
Other changes in Firefox 86 are as follows:
- Improved printing capabilities with a cleaner design and better integration
- Enables credit card management and autofill for Canadian users.
- Reader mode now works on local HTML pages.
- Mitigates stack crash attacks on Linux and Android.
- Remove support for DTLS 1.0.
- Various security fixes.
How to get Firefox 86 on Ubuntu:
For all current Ubuntu releases, new Firefox packages will be available in the Ubuntu Security & Updates repository within a few days.
You can easily update your web browser using Software Updater (Update Manager).
If you can’t wait, visit the release page, which also has a download button.