Flameshot, a popular screenshot software, has released version 0.9.0 with great new features.
Flameshot 0.9.0 adds a new global shortcut menu to the settings dialog. All action hotkeys are fully customizable.
Another great new feature is the new “Latest Upload” option in the indicator menu. Use the button to quickly copy the image URL and open it in your browser to open an upload history dialog that lists all the images uploaded to imgur.
Other changes in the 0.9.0 release include:
- Official support for Mac OS.
- Improved support for Gnome Wayland.
- Provides a digitally signed Windows release.
- Ability to execute frame shots in Sway
- Option to use JPG format for clipboard.
- Hold down the Shift key and make a “symmetrical” selection
- Added “Check for Updates” option
- Rectangle tool now rounds corners based on current thickness
- New “Fixed Save Path” option.
Download / install Flameshot on Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04 deb packages, and other system packages can be downloaded from the links below.
Get the Ubuntu edition of deb or download the Appimage package that is not installed.
For deb, double-click to install via Software Install, or run a command in the terminal to install.
sudo apt install ./Downloads/flameshot-0.9.0-*.deb