SD card or memory card is a small and compact media storage device that has been widely used in phones, cameras and many other digital devices. It stores your photos, videos, music files, etc., and you can easily access them on the original host device, or you can easily access them by connecting it to a computer with an SD card reader.
Sometimes you may delete some photos or files on the SD card by mistake. Nevertheless, SD card data loss may also happen unexpectedly.how is it Recover deleted or lost files from SD card? There are some popular data recovery applications on the market that can help you easily perform SD card recovery. MiniTool Power data recovery It is a free and simple tool.
Recover deleted photos/files from SD card in just a few clicks
MiniTool Power Data Recovery designed by MiniTool Software aims to help users quickly recover deleted or lost files, photos, videos, etc. from various storage devices.You can use this cleaning tool for free Data Recovery Software that can recover data from SD card or memory card in just a few clicks.
In addition to supporting SD card data recovery, the program also allows you to retrieve deleted/lost data from Windows PC or laptop, USB flash/pen/thumb drive, external hard drive, SSD, etc.
How to recover deleted files/photos from SD card:
- Please visit MiniTool official website to download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on a Windows computer.
- Use an SD card reader to connect the SD card to the computer.
- Launch the free SD card recovery software MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- Click the removable disk drive in the left panel, and then select the target SD card in the right window. Alternatively, you can also click “This PC” and then click the SD card drive on the right.
- Click on scanning Button, the scanning process starts immediately.
- After the scan is complete, you can check the scan results to find the files you need.Check the required files and click save Button. Choose a new safe destination to store the recovered files.
How to repair a damaged SD card – 8 tips
Sometimes the SD card may be damaged and some data on it may be lost. You can try the above methods to recover lost data from SD card. You can also try the following tips to see if they can help repair a damaged SD card.
Secret 1. Determine whether it is a card reader problem. You can try to connect the SD card to the computer with another SD card reader to see if it is working properly.
Secret 2. Check if the SD card is write-protected. If you cannot read or write on the SD card, it may be write-protected.You can check How to remove write protection on SD card.
Secret 3. Find and fix logic errors on the SD card.
- Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt in Windows 10.
- Type chkdsk *: /f /r, replace “*” with the drive letter of the target SD card, and press Enter. Windows CHKDSK will automatically find and repair the detected logic errors on the SD card.
Secret 4. Solve the problem of incompatible driver of the card reader.
- Press Windows + X, then select Device Manager.
- Expand the disk drive, then right-click the target removable device, and then click Update Driver or Uninstall Device. You can follow the instructions to update the device driver or reinstall the driver.
Secret 5. Run a virus scan on the SD card or computer.
If the SD card or the computer is infected with malware or viruses, which causes the SD card to malfunction, you can use antivirus software to perform a virus scan on the SD card or the entire computer.
Secret 6. Use Windows hardware and device troubleshooting.
Windows has a built-in troubleshooting program that can help repair hardware and device problems.
- You can press Windows + R, type “msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic” in the “Run” dialog box, and then press Enter to open and run the Windows Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
- Select the SD card device and follow the instructions to troubleshoot SD card issues.
Secret 7. Learn how to format an SD card.
If the SD card does not work properly, you can copy the required data to another device, and then try to recover the lost data from it using a data recovery application. Then, you can format the SD card to repair the damaged SD card.
- You can right-click the SD card in Windows File Explorer and click the Format option.
- Choose a file system, such as NTFS or FAT32.
- Tick Quick Format and click Start to format the SD card.
In addition, you can also use some of the top free disk partition managers (such as MiniTool Partition Wizard) to easily format the SD card with just a few clicks.
Tip 8. Try to use some SD card repair tools or services.
To repair a damaged SD card, you can also try some SD card repair tools and services. You can use Windows built-in error checking tool, MiniTool Partition Wizard (with “Check Disk” function), etc. to check and repair SD card errors.
However, if your SD card has some physical damage and cannot be recognized by the device or computer. Then, you can go to some professional SD card repair service shops to see if they can help you.
This article mainly introduces a top free data recovery software that can help you easily recover deleted or lost photos, videos and other files from the SD card. If your SD card is damaged or has some problems, hope the tips provided in this article can help you repair the damaged SD card. However, the best way to avoid data loss on storage media is always to make a backup.