auspicious, The GNOME 3 email client, has been updated to version 40.0. The new version includes visual refresh, adaptive user interface and more.
Geary is an email client for the GNOME 3 desktop. The client is written in Vala and based on WebKitGTK. The app is built around conversations, making it easy to find and follow your discussions.
- Quick email account setup (use GNOME account for authentication)
- Mail organized by conversation
- Support sending as other identity
- Full text and keyword search (for example, from: john, is: read, is: unread and is: starred)
- Full-featured HTML and plain text message writer
- Support reading TNEF attachments
- Desktop notification of new email
- Plugins that allow you to play sounds when sending emails, create templates, and use spreadsheets to fill in and send email templates
- Keyboard shortcuts
- With Gmail, Yahoo! compatible.Mail, Outlook.com and other IMAP servers
Geary 40.0 comes with a visual refresh function, with updated icons and interface. In addition, thanks to the addition of support for half-screen, portrait and small displays, application windows can now be adapted to small sizes.
This version also includes improved performance when displaying large conversations, and an upgraded full-text search engine.
Other changes include server compatibility improvements, improved keyboard shortcuts, translation updates, and various user interface improvements and bug fixes.
You might also like: Birdtray (Firetray alternative): Thunderbird tray icon with new email notifications for Linux
I want to point out that in my case (using Ubuntu 21.04), Geary 40.0 installed from Flatpak Nightly does not work well under the default Ubuntu theme Yaru (regular; using Yaru Dark or Yaru Light is no problem). When using Yaru Light or Dark (not regular variants) or other themes (such as Orchis, White Sur, etc.), Geary will always use the Adwaita theme by default.
Download Geary email client
Geary is available in the official repositories of many Linux distributions, including Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch Linux, etc., but has not been updated to the latest 40.0 version.even though Flathub Geary kit The current version is 3.38.2.You can still install the latest 40.0 version by using the Flatpak Nightly Geary package as described below Here:
flatpak install https://nightly.gnome.org/repo/appstream/org.gnome.Geary.Devel.flatpakref
This will be installed in parallel with the stable release, so you can run both versions at the same time.
You might also like: Use tmpmail to create temporary emails from the command line