GNU Octave 6.1 was released a few days ago and includes a number of improvements, bug fixes, and a list of new features.
Change Octave 6.1 include:
- New sorting options
- Cookie support that enables RESTful communication with web services.
- The system web browser can be opened in the following ways
- Numerical integration has been improved.
- New arrival
- Deprecated Qt4 support.
- Completely rewritten
- The has been updated
axisFeatures and many other graphics backend improvements.
- Improved matlab compatibility.
- Remove deprecated functions and properties.
- Add a list of new functions.
How to get Octave on Ubuntu:
At the time of writing, there is no PPA repository containing the new release package.