Cawbird, a free open source GTK + Twitter client for Linux, has released version 1.3 with many new features, improvements and bug fixes.
Cawbird 1.3 comes with an improved DM (Direct Message). Adds the ability to send media with DM, remove DM, load old DM, and fix DM load order issues.
The new release includes a new Vala implementation API that allows you to upload videos and larger animated GIFs.
Other changes in Cawbird 1.3 include:
- Apply filtering to all feeds (including searches)
- Instantly apply changes to RT filtering, mute, block, and hide in all feeds
- Allow filtering of mentioned @handles
- Load the media into the DM and link the user with the hashtag
- Use HTTPS avatars throughout
- Allows the creation view to be reduced to a narrower screen (such as PinePhone)
- Design changes, stability improvements, and bug fixes.
How to install Cawbird on Ubuntu:
To receive future updates via Software Updater, you can open:
terminal Add the OBS repository by running the following commands one at a time.
- Run the command to add the cawbird repository (you can replace xUbuntu_20.04 with xUbuntu_18.04 or replace xUbuntu_20.10 depending on your system edition).
echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/IBBoard:/cawbird/xUbuntu_20.04/ /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:IBBoard:cawbird.list
- Then use the command to install the keyring (replace xUbuntu_20.04 with the system edition).
curl -fsSL https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:IBBoard:cawbird/xUbuntu_20.04/Release.key | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/home_IBBoard_cawbird.gpg > /dev/null
- Finally, you can update the package cache and use commands to install the Twitter app.
sudo apt update; sudo apt install cawbird
To remove the Twitter client, just run the command in your terminal.
sudo apt remove --auto-remove cawbird
To delete the software repository[ソフトウェアとアップデート]->[その他のソフトウェア]Go to and delete the relevant line.