HandBrake Video Transcoder 1.3.2 was released a day ago with many improvements and bug fixes.
by Release notesThe highlights of the HandBrake 1.3.2 release are:
- Improved support for H.265 video in AVI containers
- Fixed point-to-point end point detection
- Fixed QSV HEVC encoder on older Intel hardware.
- Fixed an issue with upstream FFmpeg that could occasionally generate invalid MKV output when passing AAC ADTS audio
- Also many fixes for Windows, Mac OS, Linux.
How to install HandBrake on Ubuntu:
For handbrake Official Ubuntu PPA. However, it was not updated in a timely manner and Ubuntu 18.04 is no longer supported due to old system libraries.
The github release page offers the official
flatpak A package that runs on 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04 or later.
Get .flatpak and install it with the following command:
flatpak install /path/to/package_name.flatpak
Note: Flat packs run in the sandbox and HandBrake flat pack packages require the Gnome 3.36 runtime platform. See more This page.