Introduction: A Qt-based Linux video player that can be used as the front end of mpv and the function of using youtube-dl.
Haruna Video Player: a free video player based on Qt
Chuncai Video Player
If you don’t know mpv, It is a free media player based on open source command line. Okay, MPV has a minimal GUI, but the core is the command line.
You may also find some open source video players, which are basically GUI front ends for mpv.
Haruna video player is one of them, and has the function of using youtube-dl. You can easily play local media files and YouTube content.
Let me outline the features provided by this player.
Features of Haruna Video Player
You may find that it is different from some other video players. This is the function of Haruna Video Player:
- You can directly use the URL to play YouTube videos
- Support playlists, you can easily control them
- Ability to skip automatically according to certain words in the subtitles.
- Control playback speed
- Use the following method to change the playback format (audio/video) youtube-dl
- Lots of keyboard shortcuts
- Take video screenshots easily
- Option to add primary and secondary subtitles
- Change the file format of screenshots
- Support hardware decoding
- Color adjustment can improve viewing quality
- Ability to adjust mouse and keyboard shortcuts so that you can quickly navigate and perform required operations
- Adjust the user interface (fonts, themes)
Install Haruna Video Player on Linux
Unfortunately (or not), depending on your preference, you can only install it using Flatpak.you can use it Flatpak packaging.
If you are using an Arch-based system, you can also find it in AUR.
However, if you don’t like this, you can view the source code of the following GitHub See if you can build it yourself like a normal Gentoo user.
Haruna Video Player is a simple and practical GUI at the top libmpv. The ability to play YouTube videos and various file formats on the system is definitely what many users want.
The user interface is easy to get used to and some important customization options are also provided.
Have you tried this video player? Please tell me your thoughts in the comments below.