Sometimes you might want to see your Android phone screen on your PC. How you do that? These are the best ways to mirror Android phone screen to PC via USB.
A few years ago, the best methods you had to root your Android phone or tablet. It is no longer necessary, however, as there are some great open source options available for every Android phone and desktop operating system. We’ll walk you through the simple steps to view an Android phone screen on your PC or Mac.
Why Mirror Android to Your PC?
Why would you want to mirror your Android screen to a PC? There are many reasons. Maybe you’re an app developer and want to check the results of your code without reaching for your phone all the time. You might want to share pictures on a big screen without uploading them. Or maybe you need to give a presentation quickly while a projector is connected to your PC.
The quickest and easiest way, as you will find out, requires no installation on your phone and a simple program for your computer.
What you need to see your phone’s screen on a PC
Scrcpy is the best software to display your phone screen on your PC via USB for free. It works on all desktop operating systems including Windows, macOS, and Linux. No need to download or install an app on your Android phone.
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Download scrcpy for your platform. Follow the installation instructions in the Read me File at the bottom of this page.
- A USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- An Android smartphone or tablet with USB debugging enabled, as described below.
How to enable USB debugging mode on Android
We have a full explanation of what USB Debugging Mode is, but you don’t have to worry about it here. All you need to know is how to enable it:
- Go to settings > system > Via phone ( Settings> About phone on older Android versions).
- Scroll down and tap Build number seven times until you see a pop-up message stating that you are now a developer.
- Go back to Settings> System and enter the new one Developer options Menu.
- Scroll down and enable USB debugging .
- Confirm the action when prompted.
The first step can be a little different for customized versions of Android. Generally though, you’ll need to find the latest build information page and tap it multiple times to enable developer options.
How to view your Android screen on PC or Mac via USB
Now that you’ve enabled USB debugging mode, the rest is simple:
- Connect your Android phone to your PC via USB.
- extract scrcpy to a folder on your computer.
- Run the scrcpy app in the folder.
- click Search devices and select your phone.
- Scrcpy is started; You can now view your phone screen on your PC.
You’re good to go. Your mouse and keyboard work in Scrcpy, so you can launch any app you want and type in too.
There are many mobile apps out there that don’t have a web client, so this is a great way to use your physical keyboard for your phone’s apps.
Why Scrcpy is the Best Way to Mirror Android to Any PC
Scrcpy is open source and free with no in-app purchases or premium features. It’s the best free app to use to view your Android screen on PC for several reasons:
- Nothing needs to be installed on your Android phone.
- It works on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- The USB cable mirrors your screen almost in real time, unlike wireless solutions where there are significant delays.
- You can interact with your phone’s screen through your computer, which is not possible with wireless connections.
- For the tech savvy person, it offers a way to wirelessly display your Android screen on PC over a TCP / IP connection over the same network.
Here’s how to wirelessly mirror your Android screen to PC
You don’t need a USB cable to mirror your Android phone to a PC. Technically, Scrcpy has a wireless mode that allows you to connect your Android device and PC over the same Wi-Fi network. But it does require a little technical know-how. Don’t worry about that; There are easier ways to view your phone’s screen on a computer like AirDroid.
To do this, you need to download AirDroid on your computer and Android, or the AirDroid browser app in. use Chrome. Register and log in on all devices. Then follow the steps below to set up mirroring.
Visit: AirDroid web
How to set up Android mirroring using AirDroid
- Make sure your computer and smartphone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Android AirDroid > Me > Security and remote functions > Screen mirroring > Activate .
- Go to on your PC AirDroid web > reflection .
- Grant permission on your phone by tapping start now if Android tells you that AirDroid will start recording everything on your phone .
This is how your screen is mirrored wirelessly on your PC. It’s the easiest way to share your Android screen without the hassle of cables. Plus, AirDroid is a fantastic Android remote management app with lots of other features like file transfer, contact copy, remote SMS, backups and more.
Why Android mirroring to PC over USB is better than wireless
In general, we recommend mirroring your Android screen to a PC using a USB connection. There are some problems with wireless connections such as:
- You cannot interact with your phone screen through your PC. This means that you have to do all the interactions on your phone yourself and see what happens on the big screen. Unfortunately, this means that you don’t have to type on your phone using your computer’s keyboard.
- With a wireless connection, there is a noticeable delay between what you do on your phone and what appears on the screen. It takes milliseconds longer and is definitely a factor. It’s useful as a presentation tool, but maybe not much more.
- If you turn it off for a few seconds, wirelessly reconnecting an Android screen to a PC is often a mistake. Several times we had to close the app on both platforms to make it work again.
Show your Android phone screen on your TV as well
Now that you know how to mirror Android to PC using a few methods. In general, wired connection beats wireless mirroring, but the convenience of wireless connection is hard to beat.
Most smart TVs and all Android phones also have Miracast built-in, a global standard for screen mirroring. And Miracast makes it easy to mirror your phone to a TV.