Advertising is touted as the necessary evil. On the one hand, they are the main source of income for publishers and website owners. Users who are aware of this fact will generally have no problem with these ads if presented in the correct manner. Unfortunately, that’s usually not the case.
Most of the websites these days show intrusive ads and pop-ups that destroy the whole workflow for the users. this annoys the end user and they prefer to install an ad blocker instead.
With this in mind, many users feel that they should go ahead anyway Support the real publishers who take the right approach to ad placement.
Hence, they want to whitelist these websites. The ad blocker would continue to perform its standard functionalities on all other pages, with the exception of those that you added to the page Exception list.
10+ best AdBlock extensions for Chrome
In this regard, almost every ad blocker extension respects this decision and so has natively added the feature to perform the above mentioned task. And that is exactly what this guide is intended to make you aware of. So without further ado, let’s get started.
- Whitelist a site in the AdBlock extension
- uBlock Origin
- Adblock Plus
- Ad blocker
- AdBlocker Ultimate
- Conclusion: disable AdBlocker for site
Whitelist a site in the AdBlock extension
This tutorial will focus on the steps to whitelist a website from some of the most popular ad blockers. This includes such as uBlock Origin, AdBlock Plus, AdBlock, AdBlocker Ultimate, and Ghostery.
In addition, we are going to share two different methods for doing this. The first is a shorter approach and could be done with just one click.
However, if you want to add multiple websites at once or make further changes to these settings, the second method in each section of the Adblocker extension will help you.
uBlock Origin made the whole process of adding sites to the whitelist very easy. With a single click, you can add the sites you want to the exception list.
Here are the steps to stop uBlock Origin ad blocker on the website:
- Visit the website url.
- click on the uBlock Origin Expansion symbol.
- Slap in the blue Switch off Icon if you want to deactivate the ad blocker for this website.
However, if you only want to turn it off for the current page, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking the power icon.
Likewise, to have more precise control over whitelisting the website in uBlock Origin.
- click on the settings Icon bottom right.
- After that, go to the section Trustworthy site.
- Enter that Website URL that you need to add to the whitelist.
If you want to add more websites to this list, click Button for the next line, and then enter the site address you want.
- When all the sites have been added, click that Button.
That’s it, you have successfully whitelisted and unblocked ads for the desired site urls in uBlock Origin.
This popular ad blocker allows you to add both the webpage and the entire website to the exception list.
Here are the steps to unblock ads in the Adblock Plus add-on:
- Start the website in the browser.
- Click here to open that AdBlock Plus extension Icon next to the address bar.
- Now deactivate the switch next to This website to impose a blanket ban on all advertisements on this website.
- OR disable the This page toggle so that it affects the currently active page.
This will disable the ad blocking feature for the website or a specific page within the website based on the toggle button.
If you need to whitelist one or more websites, you can add the website URLs to the list of whitelisted websites.
- click on the Settings gear-like icon from the menu at the top right.
- Switch to the Websites on the whitelist Section.
- Enter that full url the website in the designated place.
- click on the
- Proceed in the same way as above for any sites that you need to add to the exception list.
With this, the site has now been added to the Whitelist section of AdBlock Plus and you will now continue to receive ads from that website.
With just one click, AdBlock allows you to pause its functionality for a single session or for the entire session.
Here are the steps to turn off AdBlock on a website:
- click on the AdBlock extension icon and you will get a drop down menu.
- Now refer to the Pause on this page Section.
- If you only want to block the ads on this website once, click Button.
- OR, to permanently unblock ads from this site, click
Depending on your selection, the ad blocker will be deactivated on the website.
To allow more websites for ads, you can change the website url too. Add Stop ads blocking.
- click on the settings Icon at the top right.
- Now go to the Adjust Section from the left menu bar.
- Scroll to the Stop ads blocking Section and click on it to expand that menu further.
- Finally, enter the website url you want and click .
You have now successfully whitelisted the sites and the extension will respect that decision from now on.
It has completely streamlined the process of getting the ads back to the site of your choice.
Here are the steps to disable the ad blocker on the website in AdBlocker Ultimate:
- Open that website address in the browser.
- Go over to the AdBlocker Ultimate Icon next to the address bar.
- Now just switch it off Activated on this page toggle and the ads would not be blocked on said site.
You can further tweak this option on a granular level and whitelist more sites in bulk.
- Go to settings Menu in AdBlocker Ultimate.
- Switch to the White list Tab and enter the url of all websites.
- The changes will be automatically saved.
Here’s how to add your favorite websites to AdBlocker Ultimate’s exception list. It took it a step further and even removed an extra step of manually clicking the Add button. All you have to do is enter the url and the rest will be done.
Ghostery is a popular name in this domain and offers a clean, easy-to-use approach to performing this task.
Here are the steps to turn off the ad blocking feature in Ghostery extensions:
- Start the website url in the web browser.
- click on the Ghostery extension Symbol.
- Hit that Ad blocker icon located below.
This will deactivate the ad blocking on that website. To customize it further and add more sites to the adblock whitelist.
- click on the at the top right and select Settings.
- Go to Trust and limit Section from the left menu bar.
- In the Trusted Site section, enter that full url the site that you still want to advertise on.
- Hit the Icon to add this site to the exception.
This will add the site of your choice to the exceptions list and continue to serve you ads. You can add more website URLs to the trusted sites and disable them using the ad blocker function.
Conclusion: disable AdBlocker for site
So that was all of this guide on how to whitelist a website from various ad blocker extensions. We’ve covered all of the common ones, and as you may have noticed, each one follows an almost similar way of doing this task.
All websites that have useful and important content usually display ads in such a way that they do not affect the user interface / UX of the website and most importantly the user experience. And this type of website definitely deserves a spot on the ad blocker’s whitelist. Instead, consider blocking only intrusive and pop-up ads that are ruining your browsing experience.
You may consider adding our site – browserhow.com – to the whitelist or trusted sites to aid in our efforts to post such helpful content for free.
How to block misleading ads in Chrome Computer browser?
What do you think of whitelisting and adding the website url as trusted sites with ad blockers? Also, which AdBlock extension are you using in your browser.
Finally, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should try.
|Chrome window||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox window||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge window||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung internet||Edge Linux|
If you have any thoughts on this How do I whitelist a site url in AdBlocker extensions?, feel free to stop by downstairs Comment box. If you find this article helpful, consider sharing it with your network.
Please also subscribe to ours BrowserLike YouTube Channel for helpful video tutorials.