Hello everyone. Today we look at how to install a centos 7 box with a tramp on a virtualbox. Here are the steps to follow
1) First download the Centos 7 vagrant box from the link http://www.vagrantbox.es/. Link directly to Download CentOS 7 box
After the download is complete, create a vagrant folder in your home directory
mkdir -p ~/vagrant/centos7 cd ~/vagrant/centos7
2) Now copy the downloaded centos7 vagrant box and put it in the directory you just created.
3) You should already have a vagrant Download 无业 游民 And install it.
In my case, I am using Tramp 1.7.4 and Virtualbox 5.0. See how to install Virtualbox Latest on Ubuntu and Kali Linux
Now open the terminal as a standard user and go to the directory containing the vagrant centos7 box
4) Add the centos7 box by entering the following command
vagrant box add centos-7.0-x86_64.box --name centos7
Replace centos7 with the name you want the box to have, and replace centos-7.0-x86_64.box with the name of the box you downloaded.
If the virtual machine was created on Virtualbox, you should see the following message: “Successfully added the box to Virtualbox”
5) Now enter the following to create the Vagrantfile needed to start the virtual machine:
6) Edit Vagrantfile and replace the name of the box inside the file with the name specified in the -name option, while creating a vm from the box file. For me, the name is centos7. Using any editor you want, make your changes and save it to a file.
7) It’s time to launch the added box. Use command
8) Use the following command to log in to the CentOS 7 virtual machine
You can see from the screenshot below that I have successfully logged into the Centos 7 box on Virtualbox. You can perform system updates and upgrades.
9) Next time you want to ssh into the added Centos 7 box, just cd to the created directory and
Watch the video below for more details and instructions.