Among the basic options of mobile phones and that we all use at the end of the day on several occasions, we come across the shortcuts or also known as Android quick settings , which since the beginning of Android are a fundamental part of the terminals for the They save time, avoiding having to enter Settings to activate or deactivate small functions with a variety of intermediate steps.
By default, smartphones bring a series of shortcuts that we all use often, but nevertheless each user is a different world and that is where the need to modify them appears. Depending on what you use more or less, you will have to choose the order with the steps that we will give you, which will make you much more agile with your smartphone.
How to customize quick settings on Android
To start modifying and changing the shortcuts on mobiles with Android operating system, all we have to do is go down from the top of the screen the notification panel and then repeat the gesture to be able to access all those settings that we have at our fingertips . In this panel we will see a number of shortcuts destined depending on the brand and personalization layer of our smartphone, but the process, as we will see later, is very similar in all of them.
We just have to touch the edit quick access button that in Android stock is identified with a small pencil and we will have at our disposal all the controls that we already use, to move them freely in the order we want. We can do this as many times as we want and need, until we find the ideal order for us.
Add other accesses
Now that we have seen how fast it is to modify the quick settings in Android, we have to add an added step and that is to add other functions that do not appear among the options to modify the position. Just by continuing to go down in the edition of the icons, we will come across other panels of these settings, where there are more functions to choose from.
Once we have found the desired one, we will have to click on it and drag it to the position where we want to have it present. In some cases there are a maximum of quick adjustments, so we will have to be forced to choose which of these options is the one we most commonly need and therefore will help us the most.
The importance of the main entrances
Something very important to bear in mind is that by sliding the notification bar only once , we have a series of shortcuts on Android at our fingertips that do not force us to slide the notification panel again to see them all. These are the quickest settings and the ones that really take us a few steps. Those that appear on this occasion are those that we have placed in the first holes, which can be four, five or six depending on the mobile and the version of the system.
Changes in Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung and other mobiles
In case you have a mobile with an added layer of personalization, the aesthetics of your shortcuts will change, but not how it works. As we can see in other smartphones, the accesses are still very similar and we also come across when sliding it all with a small pencil or tool that allows us to remove options and add new ones depending on the ones we need.
The trick of quick settings on Android
An added option that all these quick accesses have is to go directly to its advanced options, we just have to hold down your finger on one of them to go to the complete options and be able to adjust them without following intermediate steps.
All the options we can use faster
Now that we know how to modify and customize the shortcuts on Android, we can count on choosing the ones we need and the ones we don’t, for this we want to explain what it consists of and what we do with each of the shortcuts that appear on Android phones . In some customization layers these options can be increased or reduced, but in an extended way in most of them we find them.
- WiFi: Activate or activate the WiFi network connection.
- Bluetooth: Option to enable or disable pairing with other devices wirelessly.
- Do not disturb: Silent mode for notifications where we can choose who or when we can be disturbed.
- Flashlight: Quick access to turn on the mobile flash.
- Night light: Manually activate or deactivate the blue light filter.
- Auto-rotate: Choose whether or not the screen rotation works when moving the terminal.
- Mobile data: Activate or deactivate the mobile data network.
- Battery saving: Puts the mobile in a low performance state and deactivates functions to extend the battery.
- Location: Allow or not allow access to the location to the entire system and apps.
- Airplane mode: The mode that leaves without data connection and calls to the mobile, mainly intended for riding on a plane.
- Record screen: Capture everything that happens on the smartphone screen to store it in the gallery.
- Dark theme: Go from classic to dark theme with a single press of the button.
- Invert colors: Function designed to help the person with vision problems, changing the order of the colors.
- WiFi Zone: The tool to share mobile data with other devices in one touch.
- Data saving: Reduce the synchronization of apps and services while we are not under the WiFi connection.
- Send screen: Share what we see on our mobile with a Chromecast or available device.
- Distraction-free mode: Temporarily disable access to distracting apps.
- Share with Nearby: Open the share panel to link our mobile with another Android and send files via WiFi.
- Rest mode: It puts the screen in black and white to try to make us sleep better after using the mobile.
- Automatic subtitles: Upon detecting a voice, the system will try to transcribe everything it recognizes.