Audacious Audio Player 4.1 was released a few days ago. This is a PPA containing deb binary packages for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, Linux Mint 20, and its derivatives.
Following Debian and Fedora’s leads, the new release features dual Qt5 + GTK2 builds by default. Also,[設定]There is an option to easily switch between the Qt interface and the traditional GTK interface.
Bold 4.1 It also implements early Qt6 support, a new global hotkey plugin for Qt, and the Qt UI, which is the default on Windows.
Other changes are as follows:
- Implement the Meson build system for Linux.
- OpenMPT now takes precedence over ModPlug.
- Album art in the info bar can be disabled.
- Symbolic links are now followed when adding folders.
- The currently playing track is displayed in bold.
- The playlist drag and drop indicator is now easier to see.
- The Queue Manager, Equalizer, and Equalizer Presets windows are now dockable.
- The entry, track, and cue number columns now display the abbreviated header text.
- The number of channels is now displayed in the song information window.
- You can use the mouse wheel to seek with QtUI.
- Channel Mixer can now convert from 2 to 4 channels.
- You can set a custom timeout for desktop notifications.
- Scrobbler submissions now include album artists.
Install Audacious 4.1 on Ubuntu via PPA.
A new release package has been created Ubuntu PPA.. The Ubuntu 16.04 build is excluded due to compilation issues and lack of debugging time.
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for “Terminal” from the application menu to open a terminal. Once open, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
Enter the password when prompted (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter to continue.
2. Then run the commands one by one in the terminal to install or upgrade your audio player.
sudo apt update sudo apt install audacious audacious-plugins
Note: If you have problems installing / updating your audio player, first run the commands below to remove the old package.
PPA is[ソフトウェアと更新]Utilities->[その他のソフトウェア]You can easily remove it by going to the tab or running the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
To remove the bold one, use System Package Manager or run the following command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove audacious audacious-plugins audacious-dev