How to install Audacity on Ubuntu 18.04
Install Audacity on Ubuntu 18.04
Audacity is one of Ubuntu’s most popular audio editors and recorders. Here, install Audacity on Ubuntu.
- With Audacity you can record live audio through a microphone.
- Audacity can also be used to digitize recordings from other media.
- You can export sound files in various formats by combining them.
- Create high-quality sound recordings.
- Audacity also supports LADSPA, LV2, Nyquist, VST, and Audio Unit effect plug-ins.
- You can also create your own plugin for audacity.
- Audacity can display real-time previews of audio effects.
- Analyze audio files.
Before you start installing Audacity on Ubuntu 18.04. The desktop requires a non-root user account with sudo privileges.
Install Audacity on Ubuntu
First, you need to add a third-party PPA to Audacity. Type the following and press Enter to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/audacity
Before you start installing Audacity, you need to upgrade the package manager index using the following command:
sudo apt update
Install the Audacity type with the following command
sudo apt install audacity
You have learned how to successfully install Audacity on Ubuntu 18.04. If you have any questions about this, please write in the comments.
Below is a tutorial you might want to read.
- How to install Krita on Ubuntu 18.04
- How to install Skype on Ubuntu 18.04