The free digital DJ software Mixxx 2.2.2 was released a few days ago, fixing stability and usability. Mixxx 2.2 series users are encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible.
The new release disables writing file tags for .ogg files using the current TagLib version 1.11.1, which can corrupt valuable files.
Highlights of the Mixxx 2.2.2 release:
- Fix battery widget with upower
- Fixed BPM control BPM adjustment.
- Fixes the interaction between the hot cue button and the loop.
- Fixed detection of moved tracks.
- Fixed playlist import.
- Fixed playlist label update.
- Fixed high DPI scaling of RGB summary waveforms.
- Fixed FX1 / 2 button missing microphone unit in Deere (64 samplers).
- Tango64: Re-enable 64 samplers.
- Numark DJ2Go will re-enable note-off of the cue button on Deck A.
- Replace Flanger with QuickEffect in keyboard mapping.
- Various other bug fixes.
How to install Mixxx 2.2.2 on Ubuntu :
Software includes Official PPA Contains the latest packages for Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04.
1. Search for “terminal” from the application menu and open it. Once opened, execute the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mixxx/mixxx
Enter your user password when prompted (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter to continue.
2. If you have a previous release installed on your system, use Software Updater to upgrade Mixxx.
Alternatively, run the commands one by one in the terminal to install Mixxx.
sudo apt update
sudo apt install mixxx
Once installed, launch the DJ software from the system application menu and enjoy!
You can purge Mixxx PPA by running a command in the terminal. This will downgrade the software to a stock version in the Ubuntu repository.
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:mixxx/mixxx
To simply remove the software, run the command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove mixxx