KDE announced a December 2020 app update, including Kdenlive 20.12. Two days ago. Here’s how to install it on Ubuntu via PPA:
Kdenlive 20.12 is a major release with many new features, stability improvements, and various mix and transition fixes. Although not officially announced on Kdenlive.org at this time, there are the following changes: Announcement of KDE:
- Allows you to move subtitles through the subtitle widget.
- Add shortcut input / output / delete buttons to the subtitle widget.
- Add an option to export the subtitle file.
- Add a menu for subtitle clips.
- Added subtitle import function
- Adds the ability to remove all subtitles from the subtitle model.
- Create a subtitle clip by adding a timeline ruler menu item.
- Add a button to the Timeline Toolbar to enable subtitle editing.
- Add a timeline tractor to your subtitle model and attach a subtitle filter.
- Port to QtWebEngineWidgets.
- Added the function to delete multiple tracks.
- Qtcrop effect: Animates the radius.
- Add a method to easily reload your custom effects.
- Add commenting to your custom effects.
- Makes the start and end positions of subtitles editable.
- Add the GPU profile provided by Constantin Aanicai.
- Add an MLT pillar echo effect.
- Add signals and slots to the subtitle model.
- Add a class to handle the definition and comparison of subtitles.
- Add an SSA parser.
- Add the srt parser to your model.
- Rewrite the audio thumbnails to use only FFmpeg data and optimize memory usage during creation.
- avfilter With the addition of the eq filter, you can adjust image brightness, contrast, saturation and gamma all in one effect.
- Update audio, editing and color layouts.
- Add an effect layout.
- Improve the layout of the audio mixer.
How to install Kdenlive 20.12 on Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10:
The· kdenlive team ppa I have built the latest packages for Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10 and Linux Mint 20.
1.) Open “Terminal” from the system application menu and execute the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
Enter your password when prompted (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter to continue.
2.) If you have an older version of kdenlive installed, use Update Manager to upgrade.
Alternatively, run the command in your terminal to install the video editor.
sudo apt install kdenlive
Note For non-KDE users, Kdenlive is installed with a large list of KDE libraries.
To purge the PPA and downgrade the Kdenlive package, run the command in your terminal.
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
To remove the PPA only, run the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
To remove Kdenlive, run the following command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove kdenlive kdenlive-data