In this article we are going to learn How to install Netbeans IDE in Ubuntu . Netbeans is a open source best C++ ide software development application developed by Sun Microsystem using Java programming language. Netbeans is a nice light weight application comes with various features mentioned below :
- Netbeans best c++ ide application can be used to program multiple programming languages i.e. Java, PHP, C++, C, Groovy and many more.
- It’s an cross platform application comes for major operating systems i.e. Linux, Microsoft Windows, MacOS.
- Supports almost 25+ Languages.
- Netbeans IDE application can be used to develop applications for any platforms i.e. for Desktop, Mobile, Website and many more.
Follow the below steps to install Netbeans IDE in Ubuntu – A Best C++ IDE application for Linux:
Before start the installation of Netbeans IDE Best C++ IDE application we have to download the installation script from official website. So use the below command to download the same.
[email protected]:~$ wget http://download.netbeans.org/netbeans/8.2/final/bundles/netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh --2017-12-10 06:17:54-- http://download.netbeans.org/netbeans/8.2/final/bundles/netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh Resolving download.netbeans.org (download.netbeans.org)... 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 Connecting to download.netbeans.org (download.netbeans.org)|184.108.40.206|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 119728128 (114M) [application/x-sh] Saving to: ‘netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh’ netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh 100%[=====================================================================================>] 114.18M 3.41MB/s in 40s 2017-12-10 06:18:35 (2.83 MB/s) - ‘netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh’ saved [119728128/119728128]
As you can see below I have already downloaded the script. But the downloaded script doesn’t have execute permission and without execute permission we can’t install the Netbeans IDE package.
[email protected]:~$ ls -l netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh -rw-rw-r-- 1 itsmarttricks itsmarttricks 119728128 Jun 6 2017 netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh
So to give the execute permission to downloaded script use the below command.
[email protected]:~$ chmod +x netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh # Give Execute Permission
As you can see below now the Netbeans IDE best C++ IDE application script has execute permission and ready for installation. Refer the output below.
[email protected]:~$ ls -l netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh -rwxrwxr-x 1 itsmarttricks itsmarttricks 119728128 Jun 6 2017 netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh
Also Read – How to install Code Blocks in Ubuntu 18.04
Now use the below command to install the Netbeans best C++ IDE package.
[email protected]:~$ ./netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh # Install the Netbeans Package
After execute the above installation script the below screen will come in front of you. just click on Next to start the installation of Netbeans IDE app.
- Accept the License agreement and click on Next.
- Set the installation path for Netbeans application supported files & directories as per your need. Here I am going with default installation path and click on Next.
- Now click on Install to start the installation process.
- Installation is on progress.
- Click on Finish button to finish the Netbeans best C++ IDE application installation process.
- Now open the Netbeans IDE application graphically using Search your computer box
That’s all, In this article, we have explained How to Install NetBeans Ide in Ubuntu – A Best C++ Ide Application for Linux. I hope you enjoy this article. If you like this article, then just share it. If you have any questions about this article, please comment.