Apple released iOS 13.5 on May 20th, 2020 and within a few days a tool will be available to jailbreak your devices with this latest iOS. Yes, you heard right. You can do your jailbreak iPhone 11 , iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max , iPhone SE 2020 , iPad Pro 2020 , and all other Apple devices with iOS 13.5. Unc0ver v5.0.1 is the most advanced jailbreak tool that can patch any signed iOS version on any device using a zero-day vulnerability to jailbreak all iOS 13.5 devices, including the latest. The tool claims that it does does not discharge the battery of your device, does not affect the use of Apple services and keeps security intact while allowing access to jailbreak files. This tool is available for macOS, Windows and Linux and works with devices with iOS 11.0 to 13.5, except for iOS 12.3 to 12.3.2 and 12.4.2 to 12.4.5.
The process of jailbreaking your iOS device with the unc0ver tool is not an easy feat. That said, you can’t just open a link and jailbreak your device, it’s not that easy. You have to follow a specific sequence of steps to get things right. The steps to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch on iOS 13.5 are different for Mac and Windows. We’ll guide you through the steps in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. So let’s start with our guide on how to jailbreak any iOS 13 device.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk, TechieTechTech is not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device.
How can I jailbreak an iOS 13 device?
Before you start jailbreaking your iOS devices, we’d like to mention two important things:
- Make sure you Back up your iOS device .
- Delete any OTA software updates downloaded to your device. Find and remove the pending updates by going to. walk Settings> General> [Device]Storage.
1. Install AltServer
The first step is to install AltServer on your Mac or Windows PC, whichever you are using to jailbreak your iOS device. The installation process of AltServer corresponds to the operating system of the computer. We have listed the dedicated steps for installing AltServer on Windows and Mac.
1.1 How do I install AltServer under Windows
If you encounter errors installing iTunes or iCloud, launch the Add or Remove Programs preference panel. Then type “Apple” in the search box in the middle of the page. Click each result followed by Change> Repair> Next for each software listed.
- Open iCloud and make sure you’ve checked the iCloud Drive and Bookmarks. Restart your computer.
- Go to altstore.io and download the AltStore for Windows.
- Extract the downloaded file. Double-click the AltInstaller and follow the on-screen instructions to install it. Depending on your PC settings, you may be asked for firewall access during installation. You don’t need to worry about that. Do the same.
- Connect your iOS device to the PC.
When connecting your laptop and iPhone / iPad / or iPod touch for the first time, follow the steps below:
- You will see a pop-up message on your iOS device that says “Trust this computer”. Select Trust, then enter the passcode for your iOS device.
- iTunes will also appear with a similar message. Click on Continue. Now your iOS device should be recognized by iTunes.
- On your laptop, Start the AltServer Use.
- In the system tray, click the arrow icon next to the volume or network icon. You will get a menu with several symbols. Look for the diamond-shaped logo that AltServer displays when you hover your mouse over it. Click on this logo.
- Choose Install AltServer> your iOS device .
- Enter Your Apple ID and password. Click Install.
- The AltStore app will be installed on your iOS device and you will receive the success message of the installation on your PC.
If you’ve enabled two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, you will receive a notification on a trusted device. Enter the secure two-factor password and allow you to log in .
1.2 How do I install AltServer on a Mac
- Open Safari and go to altstore.io
- Choose the download link for macOS
- You will receive a zip file in the Downloads folder. Unzip the file.
- Open a Finder window and drag the AltStore app into the Applications folder.
- Open applications and choose AltStore to open the app.
- You would see a blank screen now. Go to AltStore icon in the menu bar and select Install the mail plugin .
- Enter Your Mac username and password, then click OK.
- Open the Mail app. Choose Mail> Settings .
- Open that General tab in the mail settings. click Manage plugins and activate the AltStore plugin. Click Apply and restart Mail.
- Now connect your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch to the Mac.
If you are connecting your Mac and iPhone / iPad / or iPod Touch for the first time, please follow the steps below:
- Open a Finder window and you should see your iOS device under the locations. Click your device, then click Trust.
- You will see a pop-up message on your iOS device that says “Trust this computer”. Choose to trust and then you need to enter the passcode for the iOS device.
- Now go back to the AltStore menu bar on your Mac, select Install AltStore> your iOS device name.
- Enter Your Apple ID and password. Click OK.
- After a few seconds, AltStore will appear on your iOS device and you will receive a success message of the installation on your Mac.
You have successfully installed AltStore on your iOS device.
2. Install unc0ver from AltStore
Once the AltStore is installed on your iOS device, follow the steps below to install the Unc0ver tool. These steps are the same for Mac and Windows.
- When you open AltStore on your iOS device, you will see a popup that says “Untrusted Developer”. Click on Cancel.
- Go to Settings> General> Device Management
- Tap your Apple ID and click the Trust / Verify option.
- Go to Safari> unc0ver.dev
- Under the download link you will see the “Open in AltStore” Opportunity. Tap Open.
- Enter Your Apple ID and password that you used when you installed AltStore on your iOS device.
- After a few seconds you will see that Unc0ver tool among the active apps .
- Tap on the 7 days and the Unc0ver tool will be installed on your iOS device.
- You will now see the Unc0ver tool on the start screen.
You have successfully installed the Unc0ver tool on your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch.
3. Jailbreak using the Unc0ver tool
1. Go to Unc0ver Tool> Tap JailBreak. You will receive a message that says “Jailbreak complete” , tap OK. This will restart your iOS device.
2. After restarting your device, repeat steps 1 and 2.
3. When you have followed the above steps and your iOS device has restarted, you will see Cydia on the home screen of your iOS device and can be used.
4. Use Cydia to install tweaks and utilities on your iOS device.
You have now successfully jailbroken your iOS 13 device. You can now download your favorite topics and applications that Apple would otherwise restrict, customize Control Center, and have more control over your device’s operating system.
That was all for our guide to jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch on iOS 13.5. Make sure you understand the risks and responsibilities involved in jailbreaking your device. Also, you should try the process at your own risk and accept responsibility for any adverse results.
Don’t miss our articles on How to Put Your iPhone in DFU Mode and How to Solve iPhone Overheating and Not Charging Issues.