When you block someone in Gmail, all future email from that person will go straight to the spam section. You will not receive any notifications for these emails or increase the number of unread messages. Over a period of time, you may have blocked email accounts for multiple companies, people, subscriptions, and so on. But do you want to unlock them for some reason?
If so, we’ll show you easy ways to unblock blocked emails in Gmail using your computer or smartphone. You can choose to unblock just one email, some selected ones, or even all blocked emails at once. Here is how.
How to unblock specific emails in Gmail
1. On computer or iPad
With these steps you can see all the email addresses you have blocked. After that, you can unlock only the one you want, some selected, or all of them. We’ll show you the steps.
- visit mail.google.com on your computer or iPad. You can’t follow these steps in the mobile version of Gmail or the app.
- Press the Settings gear icon > Show all settings. Or, click on this direct link.
- click Filters and blocked addresses.
- click unlock next to an email. You can also select multiple emails or select all and click Unblock selected addresses.
2. On iPhone or Android
There’s no easy way to unblock someone on the mobile version of Gmail. Even if you request desktop mode in Safari or other browsers, Gmail will redirect you to the mobile version. When you tap Hamburger icon > Older version or Desktop > I want to use HTML Gmail, takes you to an old version of Gmail. It has the settings page but there is no option to block or unblock it.
Therefore, the only way to unlock an email address in Gmail on an iPhone or Android is by using the app.
How to Unlock an Email Address in Gmail on iPhone and Android.
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Look for the banned email address, find an old email from the banned account, or look for it in the spam section.
- Tap Unblock the sender.
- You can also tap Three point symbol and choose Unlock “Sender Name”.
If you use a third-party email app on your phone, they may also have options for blocking and unblocking email addresses.
Here’s how to instantly unblock all email accounts you’ve ever blocked in Gmail
Before doing so, please be aware that after unblocking all emails, you may see multiple unnecessary corporate emails, newsletters, etc. in your primary email feed.
Here’s how to unlock all email accounts in Gmail in just a few clicks:
- Go to yours using a cell phone or computer browser Google user account. You may need to sign in if you aren’t already.
- click home > Protect your account.
- click Gmail settings.
- Then click on Unlock all.
This is how you can unblock all or selected email addresses in Gmail using your computer or smartphone.
To be simple, this is easier on a computer. You may not always be able to find the specific blocked account on mobile devices. On a Mac or PC, you can view all the email you’ve ever blocked and take whatever action you want.
Stop by next:
- Learn more about Apple’s new Hide My Email and custom email domain
- How to add an email account to Mail on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to send email or message to calendar event attendees
- Steps to Send a Group Email on iPhone