HP LIP, HP print, scan, and fax drivers for Linux released 3.20.5 a few days ago to support new printers and Linux distributions.
HPLIP 3.20.5 Support for the following new devices has been added:
- HP DeskJet 1200, Ink Advantage 1200
- HP DeskJet 2300 All-in-One, Ink Advantage 2300 All-in-One
- HP ENVY 6000 series, Pro 6400 series.
- HP DeskJet Plus 6000, 6400 Series
- HP DeskJet 2700 and Ink Advantage 2700 All-in-One Printer Series
- HP DeskJet Plus 4100, Ink Advantage 4100 All-in-One Printer Series
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M610dn, M611dn, M611x, M612dn, M612x
- HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M634dn, M634z, M635h, M635fht, M636fh
- HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M634h, M635z, M636z
Support for Debian 10.3 and Manjaro 19.0 has also been added in the new release.
How to install HPLIP 3.20.5 on Ubuntu:
HPLIP 3.20.5 will not install on Ubuntu 20.04 due to the requirements of the old legacy python 2 library.
1. To install the software, download the package “hplip-3.19.12.run” from the link below.
2. Then open Terminal via Ctrl + Alt + T or by searching for “Terminal” from the App Launcher. Once opened, run the command and grant execute permission.
chmod +x ~/Downloads/hplip-3.20.5.run
3. Finally, execute the command to start the driver installation.
Answer some questions according to the terminal output. If all is well, connect or reconnect your HP device and enjoy.