HP LIP, a printer and scanner driver for Linux developed by HP, has released version 3.21.2 to support new Linux distributions and devices.
according to Release notes, HPLIP 3.21.2 adds support for the following new distributions:
- Fedora 33
- Manjaro 20.2
- Debian 10.7
- RHEL 8.3
- RHEL 7.7
- RHEL 7.8
- RHEL 7.9
The new release also adds many new printer support.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn, M407dn
- HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M430f, MFP M431f
- HP LaserJet Managed E400 40dn
- HP LaserJet Managed MFPE42540f
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M455dn
- HP ColorLaserJet Managed E450 28dn
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M480f
- HP ColorLaserJet Managed MFPE47528f
- HP PageWide XL 3920 MFP
- HP PageWide XL4200 Printer
- HP PageWide XL4200 Multifunctional Printer
- HP PageWide XL 4700 Printer
- HP PageWide XL4700 Multifunctional Printer
- HP PageWide XL 5200 Printer
- HP PageWide XL5200 Multifunctional Printer
- HP PageWide XL8200 Printer
- HP Laserjet M207d, M208d, M209d, M210d, M212d, M211d, M209dw, M209dwe, M210dw, M210dwe, M212dw, M212dwe, M208dw, M207dw, M211dw
- HP LaserJet MFP M234dw, MFP M234dwe, MFP M233d, MFP M232d, MFP M235d
- HP LaserJet MFP M237d, MFP M236d, MFP M232dw, MFP M232dwc, MFP M233dw
- HP LaserJet MFP M236dw, MFP M235dw, MFP M235dwe, MFP M237dwe, MFP M237dw
- HP LaserJet MFP M232sdn, MFP M233sdn, MFP M236sdn, MFP M234sdn
- HP LaserJet MFP M234sdne, MFP M235sdn, MFP M235sdne, MFP M237sdne, MFP M237sdn
- HP LaserJet MFP M232sdw, MFP M233sdw, MFP M236sdw, MFP M234sdw
- HP LaserJet MFP M234sdwe, MFP M235sdw, MFP M235sdwe, MFP M237sdwe, MFP M237sdw
How to install HPLIP 3.21.2 on Ubuntu:
1. To install the software, download the package “hplip-3.21.2.run” from the link below.
2. Then use Ctrl + Alt + T or search for “Terminal” in the app launcher to open the terminal. Once open, run the command to grant execute permission.
chmod +x ~/Downloads/hplip-3.21.2.run
3. Finally, run the command to start the driver installation.
Please answer the question according to the output of the terminal. If all is well, connect or reconnect your HP device and enjoy.
Due to a Pyqt5 dependency issue, the package will not be installed on Ubuntu 20.04. As a workaround, select “Custom” as the installation mode, answer “No” to disable the “Graphical User Interface (Qt5)”, and say “No” when installing the python-reportlab package.