GIMP, The free and open source raster graphics editor has been updated to version 2.10.4. With this freed, The image editor contains asynchronous font loading, simple horizontal alignment and other functions.In GIMP 2.10.4, fonts are loaded asynchronously, which will greatly reduce startup time. Due to this change, some fonts may not be ready when GIMP starts, so if you want to use the text tool immediately after the GIMP window is displayed, some fonts may not be available. GIMP will tell you whether this is the case. Activities that are not related to text can be executed immediately.
Another change in this GIMP version is the addition of the (automatic) “Straighten” button in the “Measure” tool settings dialog:
This is done to automatically straighten photos with uneven levels.
Another font-related improvement in this version is the addition of font markings-the user interface is the same as patterns, brushes or gradients. The plan is to automatically tag fonts based on metadata, but this feature is not yet available, welcome to use “patch”. Related information: Free drawing software Krita 4.1.0 with new reference image tool released, you can choose to save and load sessions, more
|GIMP 2.10.4 dashboard|
Other changes in GIMP 2.10.4 include:
- Recursive transformation improvements: multiple transformations can be applied simultaneously
- Dashboard can dock widgets (accessible from menu:
Windows > Dockable Dialogs > Dashboard) Variety:
- It now includes a “memory” group, which shows the currently used memory size, available physical memory size and total physical memory size
- Exchange has been updated to include read and write fields
- The “Exchange Busy” indicator is now active when reading or writing data at the last sampling interval instead of the sampling point
- Improvements to the PSD loader: GIMP can now read “merged”, pre-synthesized versions of images. When the “Maximize Compatibility” option is enabled in Photoshop, these images will be available when saving PSD files.
- When the plugin cannot be applied to an image due to an image type mismatch (for example, if the layer does not have Alpha or the image is grayscale), GIMP will now display a message listing the image types supported by the plugin
- The new tool options manager can better track user context and draw options in a consistent manner.
- The “Smudge” tool can now draw correctly on images with color profiles other than GIMP’s built-in colors
- Explicitly run Python 2 as a Python plugin interpreter to prevent corruption on systems that use Python 3 by default
There is also some good news for macOS users. There is now a GIMP 2.10 beta version for Mac (some problems still exist). They are currently based on GIMP 2.10.2, but not the latest 2.10.4.