How to install Brave web browser on Ubuntu / Linux Mint Linux Desktop? Brave is a free, open source web browser designed to provide fast and secure protection for mobile and computer devices. Brave comes with a built-in ad blocker that prevents tracking and provides security with optimized data and battery performance.
Some features of Brave Browser
Here are some of the main features of the Brave web browser.
- search for – Select your default search engine – Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo e.t.c
- Quick View – According to its creator, Brave loads pages three times out of the box without installing, learning or managing anything.
- Easily switch to brave – Importing settings from an old browser is easy. You can do this on a welcome tour or later through the menu.
- Support your favorite sites with Bravery Rewards – After activating Brave Rewards, you can support your favorite content creators by as much as you like.
- Privacy and security – Bravely fight malware and block tracking to keep your information secure. Clear browsing data and built-in password manager.
- Form autofill Using forms can save you time
- Extensions / plugins – Brave Desktop now supports most Chrome extensions in the chrome web store
- There are a lot more
How to install Brave Web Browser on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
You can install the Brave browser by downloading the .deb package and installing it manually or using the apt repository, which has been compiled with packages that can be installed via the apt package manager.
System update the package index.
sudo apt update sudo apt -y install curl software-properties-common apt-transport-https
Import the repository GPG key:
curl -s https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-core.asc | sudo apt-key --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/brave-browser-release.gpg add -
Then add the Brave browser repository to the system.
echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser-release.list
Then update your package index and install the Brave web browser on Ubuntu / Linux Mint.
sudo apt update sudo apt install -y brave-browser
Launch Brave Web Browser on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
After installation, you can launch your web browser from the DE menu.
Or from the terminal
$ brave-browser $ brave-browser-stable
Follow the welcome guide to complete the setup.
Enjoy Brave’s browsing on Ubuntu / Linux Mint Desktop system. There are several articles to check Ubuntu / Linux Mint.
Install Vivaldi web browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux
Install IntelliJ IDEA on Ubuntu / Debian / Linux Mint Linux
How to install Linux Kernel 5.x on Ubuntu / Linux Mint