In today’s guide, you will be able to install and use FreeOffice on Fedora and CentOS Desktop Linux systems. FreeOffice is a complete open source Office suite with a word processor, spreadsheet application and presentation program, which can be used instead of Microsoft Office. The application is compatible with MS Office file formats DOCX, XLSX and PPTX, and you should be able to copy and edit documents without any problems.
The main components of FreeOffice software are:
- Text maker: A powerful word processor, combined with ease of use and many functions, allows you to easily create beautiful documents. It will open and seamlessly save all Microsoft Word DOC and DOCX files. It also enables you to create PDF files and EPUB e-books directly from within the application.
- planner: Using this spreadsheet application, you can create simple timetables as easily as a complete financial plan for your company. It has 430 calculation functions, and various analysis functions can help you make full use of the data. It will open and seamlessly save all Microsoft Excel XLS and XLSX files.
- briefing: FreeOffice Presentations provides you with a variety of design and drawing functions: insert images, graphics and text frames in your presentation, use TextArt to apply fascinating font effects, or just let one of the many fascinating design templates complete the design work for you . It can open and save all Microsoft PowerPoint PPT and PPTX files seamlessly.
Install FreeOffice on Fedora | CentOS Linux
FreeOffice can run on Linux, Windows and macOS. The system requirements are:
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- macOS 10.10 or higher
- Any PC-based Linux (32 or 64 bit)
Go to Download page And extract the latest RPM packages for your Fedora and CentOS Linux computers.
For 64-bit systems:
For 32-bit systems:
After downloading the file, please use rpm or yum package management tool to install it.
sudo yum localinstall ./softmaker-freeoffice-2018-980.x86_64.rpm
hit ÿ When you are prompted to start the installation, press the key.
Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64 87 kB/s | 47 kB 00:00 Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64 - Updates 80 kB/s | 42 kB 00:00 Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64 - Updates 1.0 MB/s | 2.4 MB 00:02 Fedora 33 - x86_64 - Updates 80 kB/s | 43 kB 00:00 Fedora 33 - x86_64 - Updates 1.7 MB/s | 15 MB 00:08 Fedora 33 - x86_64 93 kB/s | 47 kB 00:00 Dependencies resolved. ================================================================================ Package Arch Version Repository Size ================================================================================ Installing: softmaker-freeoffice-2018 x86_64 2018-980 @commandline 88 M Transaction Summary ================================================================================ Install 1 Package Total size: 88 M Installed size: 200 M Is this ok [y/N]: y
After installing FreeOffice on CentOS/Fedora Linux system, you should be able to start any component and use it.
Enjoy the free use of FreeOffice components to deal with projects. Please also check out other articles on our website.
How to send OpenShift logs and events to Splunk
How to install AnyDesk on Fedora
Install the latest LibreOffice on Fedora