Ubuntu 18.04 / 16.04 LTS / LinuxMint ‘border = “0” data-original-height = “500” data-original-width = “1100” height = “181” src = “https: // 1.bp.blogspot.com/-sNuW8v7yyBQ/XdP15SmwrJI/AAAAAAAAFoM/5ZZI1Y1r130qeVhIKwqlxNPfaNBWZOlfQCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/kodi%2B18.5.jpg “title =” “width =” 400 “>
In this Tutorial, I will tell you how to install the Latest Version of KODI 18.5 Leia on Ubuntu 18.04 / 16.04 LTS / and older versions, LinuxMint
Kodi Team released a quick new release 18.5 Leia. This version was released with a new support
So What’s New in this version?
- Multiple Android changes around windowing, secure decoder and SDK versions
- Multiple iOS changes, including support for iPhone 11 and 7th generation iPad, plus fixes for touch input, overlapping drawing surfaces, sandbox checks, notch support.
- MacOS fixes around windowing, where only a portion of the screen was correctly rendered
- Log files improvements around verbosity and security
- Shoutcast improvements
- Various fixes and improvements to add-on settings, package build documentation, build system, advancedsettings.xml, skin / profile changes and many other subsystems
Kodi formerly knows as XBMC an open source and an award-winning media player available for Linux operating systems and also available for other operating systems Windows, OS X.
This allows you to play all popular audio & video formats like MP3, MP4, FLAC, WAV, WMA, OGG, AVI, MKV, MPEG-2, DIVX, XVID and etc ..
It will run on Linux, Android, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and iOS operating systems, supporting both 64-bit and 32-bit
This also provides support for Viewing our favorite TV shows and Digital Photos too.
So how to install Kodi 18.5 on Ubuntu / LinuxMint?
Kodi 18.5 Leia available in its official PPA for Ubuntu / LinuxMint
Step 1: Install the dependencies
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config software-properties-common
Step 2: Remove the older version of Kodi
sudo apt remove –autoremove kodi kodi-data kodi-bin
Step 3: Add the Official PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa: team-xbmc / ppa
Step 4: Update the Repository
sudo apt-get update
Step 5: Install Kodi 18.5 Leia
sudo apt-get install kodi