How to install Vivaldi Web Browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux. Vivaldi is free to use a cross-platform web browser developed by Vivaldi Technologies. This web browser was created to provide a customized browsing experience for its users. In this guide, I will introduce simple steps for installing Vivaldi Web Browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux.
These are the key features of the Vivaldi web browser.
- Tag management – Unique features give you full control over how browser tabs are grouped and displayed.
- customized – You can adjust and adjust each part of the browser to create your own unique experience.
- User Interface – Responsive interface allows you to adjust the position, size and appearance of browser UI elements.
– Get to your destination faster with a fully configurable search function
Options, custom shortcuts and bookmark manager for advanced users.
- Mouse and keyboard – You can choose to use custom “keyboard shortcuts”, “mouse gestures” or “quick commands” command line controls.
- Privacy and security – Vivaldi is built with privacy as the first priority, giving you complete control over settings that are critical to keeping your data safe.
-A large number of built-in tools, such as Notes, Image Properties, etc.
Provide you with advanced features without affecting performance.
Step 1: Add the APT repository
Vivaldi provides a repository for the Vivaldi browser package. First, import the GPG key used for authentication during installation.
sudo apt update sudo apt -y install wget gnupg2 software-properties-common wget -qO- https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add -
Then run the following command to add the repository to your system.
echo 'deb https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/deb/ stable main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vivaldi.list
Step 2: Install Vivaldi web browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux
The last step is to install Vivaldi Web Browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux.
sudo apt update sudo apt install vivaldi-stable
hit ÿ Press on the keyboard to start the installation.
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following additional packages will be installed: libappindicator3-1 Recommended packages: adobe-flashplugin The following NEW packages will be installed: libappindicator3-1 vivaldi-stable 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 674 not upgraded. Need to get 64.8 MB of archives. After this operation, 229 MB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Wait for the installation to complete, then launch Vivaldi and customize it to suit your browsing needs,
Add Kali Linux official repository to sources.list
How to install VirtualBox on Kali Linux / Linux Mint