Kaidan, a free open source Jabber / XMPP client, has released version 0.7.0 with enhancements and bug fixes.
Kaidan is a user-friendly and modern chat app that uses the open communication protocol XMPP (Jabber). Unlike other chat apps, it doesn’t depend on any particular service provider.
The new version 0.7.0 released today adds more information to your contact profile, including nicknames, software versions and operating systems.
Your favorite emojis are now displayed by default. :
Other changes in Kaidan 0.7.0 are:
- File send drag and drop support
- Paste the image into the chat from the clipboard (Ctrl + Shift + V)
- Shift + Enter to insert a line break
- Custom host name and port.
- Improved media preview sheet design
- Rebuild the message send bar
- And bug fixes.
How to install Kaidan on Ubuntu:
This software provides an Appimage that is not installed. Download on that website..
It is also available as a Flatpak package that runs in the sandbox.Open
terminal From the system app launcher, run the following commands one by one to install.
1. Run the command to install the flatpak daemon if it doesn’t exist.
sudo apt install flatpak
2. Add a flathub repository to host the software package.
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
3. Finally, use the command to install the Kaidan package.
flatpak install flathub im.kaidan.kaidan
Once installed, open it from the app launcher or by running a command
flatpak run im.kaidan.kaidan
To remove the flatpak package, just run the command in your terminal.
flatpak uninstall im.kaidan.kaidan