Kdenlive, KDE Non-Linear Video Editor, released version 20.08 today with nifty new features, stability and interface improvements.
Kdenlive 20.08 release highlights:
- New interface layouts.
- Multiple audio stream support
- A new cache management interface to maintain / control the size of cached and proxied files as well as backup-ed data.
- Zoom bars in the Clip Monitor and Effects Panel
- Some new keyboard shortcuts.
- Performance boost to audio thumbnail generation as well as JPG image sequence playback
- And miscellaneous improvements
See the video about the new Kdenlive video editor:
How to Install Kdenlive 20.08 in Ubuntu 20.04:
The software offers single executable Appimage which is available in files.kde.org.
For those prefer native
.deb packages, the kdenlive team ppa has built the packages for Ubuntu 20.04 and derivatives.
1.) Open ‘terminal’ from your system application menu, and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
Type your password when it asks (no asterisk feedback) and hit Enter to continue.
2.) If an old version of kdenlive was installed, upgrade it via Update Manager:
Or simply run command in terminal to install the video editor:
sudo apt install kdenlive
NOTE for non-KDE users, Kdenlive will be installed along with a large list of KDE libraries.
To purge the PPA as well as downgrade Kdenlive package, run command in terminal:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
To remove the PPA only, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
And to remove Kdenlive, run command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove kdenlive kdenlive-data