Kdenlive Video Editor 20.12 is finally announced. Here are the new features and how to install them on Ubuntu.
The new release has the same track transition features that have long been sought after. You can select a clip and press “u” on your keyboard or use the icon on the Timeline toolbar to activate it.
Kdenlive 20.12 It also features a new subtitle tool that allows you to add and edit subtitles directly in the timeline or using the new subtitle widget.
Other changes are as follows:
- Subtitle import (SRT / ASS) and export (SRT).
- Overhauled effect layout
- Ability to rename and add / edit custom effect descriptions
- New pillar echo effect for vertical video.
- It is now possible to keyframe crops due to the padding effect.
- New VR360 and 3D effects
- A new video equalizer for adjusting image brightness, contrast, saturation and gamma.
- Ability to enable / disable normalization of audio thumbnails from track headers
- Ability to delete multiple tracks at once
- Online resource tools have been ported to qtwebengine
How to install Kdenlive 20.12 on Ubuntu:
More than a week ago, as KDE announced Kdenlive 20.12 as one of its December 2020 apps. Kdenlive’s stable PPA I have created packages for Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, and Linux Mint 20. And I wrote the installation guide on this page.