The first update to the Kdenlive 21.04.1, 21.04 release has been released. To install on Ubuntu 21.04, Ubuntu 20.10, Ubuntu 20.04 via PPA:
The new release of KDE’s video editor mainly includes bug fixes and improvements. The release change log is as follows:
- Disables preview rendering of subtitle actions.
- Fixed timecode validation in settings dialog.
- Fixed an issue where proxied clips could not be dragged from the monitor to the timeline.
- Fixed incorrect speed cycling using j / l keys.
- After minimizing it, make sure that the render widget reappears.
- Fixed an issue where the playback speed was not reset when paused.
- Updates the effect zone when the effect is deleted.
- Render presets: Load default values into the UI appropriately.
- Fixed an issue where the spacer tool would not work with a single clip (no group).
- Improve the naming of newly created profiles. commit.
- Archiver: Fixed more bugs and crashes. commit.
- Archiver: Blocks the UI while the job is running.
- Archiver: Don’t miss lumas … Clean your code in “timline only” mode.
- Fixes some archiving issues with mlt files.
- It also archives LUT files.
- Appimage: Use the mltv6 branch.
Install Kdenlive 21.04.1 on Ubuntu via PPA.
The· kdenlive team ppa We have created the latest packages for Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, Ubuntu 21.04 and Linux Mint 20.
1.) Add Ubuntu PPA.
Open Terminal from the System Applications menu and run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
Enter your password when prompted (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter to continue.
2.) Install or upgrade Kdenlive.
If you have an older version of kdenlive installed, you can upgrade it through Update Manager.
Alternatively, run the command in your terminal to install the video editor.
sudo apt install kdenlive
Note For non-KDE users, Kdenlive is installed with a large list of KDE libraries.
To purge the PPA and downgrade the Kdenlive package, run the command in your terminal.
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
To remove the PPA only, run the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
To remove Kdenlive, run the following command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove kdenlive kdenlive-data