The third and final minor release of Kdenlive Video Editor 20.08 was released today with many fixes and improvements.
Change Kdenlive 20.08.3 include:
- Fixed the fps displayed on the monitor with high fps values.
- Make sure the timeline ruler is updated correctly on the profile switch.
- If you switch project profiles and there is only one clip in the timeline, update the timeline clip duration as you change the profile.
- Project Archiving: Check if archiving works after each file and add an option to use zip instead of tar.gz.
- Fixed an issue opening project files with missing version numbers.
- Fix duplicate audio from previous commits.
- Modified playlist clips have no audio regression.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if the keyframeable effect parameter was left enabled when selecting a clip.
- Do not delete the only keyframe in the effect.
- Fixed a crash when inserting zones into grouped clips in the same track.
- Make sure it’s not empty, but the ffmpeg setting points to the file.
- Qtcrop effect: Animates the radius.
- Rendering widget: Avoid misuse of parallel processing.
- Fixed an issue where resizing a clip would cause it to lose focus if the mouse cursor did not move outside the boundaries of the clip.
- Fixed a rounding error that could hide the last keyframe in the effect stack.
How to install Kdenlive 20.08.3 on Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10:
The· kdenlive team ppa I have built the latest packages for Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10 and Linux Mint 20.
1.) Open “Terminal” from the system application menu and execute the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
Enter your password when prompted (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter to continue.
2.) If you have an older version of kdenlive installed, use Update Manager to upgrade.
Alternatively, run the command in your terminal to install the video editor.
sudo apt install kdenlive
Note For non-KDE users, Kdenlive is installed with a large list of KDE libraries.
To purge the PPA and downgrade the Kdenlive package, run the command in your terminal.
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
To remove the PPA only, run the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
To remove Kdenlive, run the following command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove kdenlive kdenlive-data