KeePass XC, KeePass Cross-Platform Community Edition, today released a new update with a new menu option that always keeps the window at the top.
In addition to the Always Top menu options, KeePass XC 2.6.2 also has the following features:
- Moved Show / Hide Username and Password to Show Menu
- Add command line options and environment variables to change the location of the configuration
- Add support for ISO date and time, including TOTP settings in CSV import / export
- Mask sensitive information at command execution confirmation prompt
- Change the Add Key keyboard shortcut to Ctrl + H.
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
How to install KeePass XC 2.6.2 on Ubuntu:
The· Official upstream PPA We have created new release packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and Ubuntu 20.10.
1.) Press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for “Terminal” in the System Application Launcher to open a terminal.
When the terminal opens, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Enter your password when prompted (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter to continue.
2.) Then use SoftwareUpdater to update the software package.
Or run the command to install the software.
sudo apt update && sudo apt install keepassxc
You can run the PPA repository simply by running a command in your terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Also, if necessary, use the command to remove keepassxc password manager.
sudo apt remove --autoremove keepassxc