KeePassXC password manager 2.5.3 was released today with stability improvements and new feature: browser extension for Chromium-based Edge browser.
KeePassXC 2.5.3 changelog:
- Fix possible database lockout when removing a YubiKey from a KDBX 3.1 database
- Fix crash if Auto-Type is performed on a new entry
- Fix crash when all entries are deleted from a group
- Improve the reliability of clipboard clearing on Gnome
- Do not check cmd: // URLs for valid URL syntax anymore
- Prevent unnecessary merges for databases on network shares
- Browser: Prevent native messaging proxy from blocking application shutdown
- Browser: Improve website URL matching
How to Install KeePassXC 2.5.3 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 18.04 and higher, KeePassXC Snap package (runs in sandbox) can be easily installed via Ubuntu Software.
For those prefer native Ubuntu
.deb package, open terminal from application menu or press Ctrl + Alt + T on keyboard, and run following commands one by one:
1.) Run command to add the official PPA, which so far supports for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, and Ubuntu 19.10.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Type user password (no asterisk feedback due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. Then upgrade KeePassXC from previous release via Software Updater:
or run commands one by one in terminal to install the password manager:
sudo apt update sudo apt install keepassxc
To remove the PPA, open Software & Updates and navigate to Other Software tab.
To remove KeePassXC .deb package, run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove keepassxc