KeePassXC, a community fork of the KeePassX password manager, released version 2.6.1 today with some new features, improvements, and various fixes.
KeePassXC 2.6.1 release highlights:
- Added option to auto-fill username or password only
- Automatic database lock with Xfce screensaver.
- Added a command to get the current TOTP
- Add OARS metadata
- Replace tilde with USERPROFILE on Windows
- Change F1, F2, and F3 key actions
- UI/UX improvements for man pages and password generators
- And various bug fixes, see Click here for details..
How to install KeePassXC 2.6.1 on Ubuntu:
of Official upstream PPA I have created a password manager package for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and derivatives.
1.) Open Terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or by searching for “Terminal” in the System Application Launcher.
When the terminal opens, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
When prompted, enter your password (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter to continue.
2.) Then use Software Updater to update the software package.
Alternatively, run the command to install the software.
sudo apt update && sudo apt install keepassxc
You can run the PPA repository simply by running the command in the terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Also, if necessary, remove the keepassxc password manager using the following command.
sudo apt remove --autoremove keepassxc