KeePass XC, a cross-platform community fork for KeePass password managers, released version 2.6.3 a few days ago with new features and improvements.
KeePassXC 2.6.3 supports Argon2id KDF and version 2 XML key files. Other changes are as follows:
- Improve CSV import / export
- Supports dragging an empty area of the app window.
- Shows the default autofill sequence in the preview pane.
- Removes the strict length limit for generated passwords
- Hide key file paths by default when unlocking the database
- Document support for managed Microsoft Edge
- Prevents clipboard history from syncing with the cloud.
- Various bug fixes.
How to install KeePass XC 2.6.3 on Ubuntu:
The latest KeePassXC is available in Ubuntu software via the Snap package.The· Official download page We also provide a non-installed Appimage package.
For those who like the classic apt method, Official Upstream PPA We have created new release packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and Ubuntu 20.10.
1.) Press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for “Terminal” in the System Application Launcher to open a terminal.
When the terminal opens, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Enter your password (without asterisk feedback) when prompted and press Enter to continue.
2.) Then use SoftwareUpdater to update the software package.
Or run the command to install the software.
sudo apt update && sudo apt install keepassxc
You can run the PPA repository simply by running a command in your terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Also, if necessary, use the command to remove keepassxc password manager.
sudo apt remove --autoremove keepassxc