The fourth maintenance update for KeePassXC 2.6 has been released with various minor bug fixes and some new features.
KeePassXC 2.6.4 now offers a native ARM64 build for the new Apple Silicon M1 Mac. For the time being, signed KeeShare containers are not supported due to dependency incompatibilities.
With the new release, you can now switch between light mode and dark mode without restarting the application. For Windows and Mac OS, it automatically responds to bright / dark theme changes in your system.
The updated libgcrypt library fixes a buffer overflow vulnerability on Windows and Mac OS. Users are encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible.
Other changes KeePassXC 2.6.4 include:
- Show window title as tooltip in system tray
- Compress the snap release as LZO to speed up initial boot
- Set the maximum selectable password length for the password generator to 999.
- Fixed a crash when closing the app when using an SSH agent
- Fixed KDF selection showing wrong items when using Argon2id
- If the database lock is still open[バージョン情報]Automatically closes the dialog
- Fixed clicking and navigating in an empty area that becomes active when using menus on Linux.
How to install KeePass XC 2.6.4 on Ubuntu:
For those who like the classic apt method, Official Upstream PPA We have created new release packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and Ubuntu 20.10.
1.) Press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for “Terminal” in the System Application Launcher to open a terminal.
When the terminal opens, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Enter the password when prompted (without asterisk feedback) and press Enter to continue.
2.) Then use SoftwareUpdater to update the software package.
Or run the command to install the software.
sudo apt update && sudo apt install keepassxc
You can run the PPA repository simply by running a command in your terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
Also, if necessary, use the command to remove keepassxc password manager.
sudo apt remove --autoremove keepassxc