Kid3 audio tag editor released new version 3.8.3 today.Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 19.10, Ubuntu 18.04, and Ubuntu 16.04.
Kid3 3.8.3 comes with new keyboard shortcuts to navigate between the file and tag sections, 2 new scripts to apply English title capitalization to tags and transliterate ID3v1 tags to ASCII.
Other changes include:
- Korean and Swedish translations.
- Dark mode and custom themes improvements.
- Support dragging multiple header rows in import table
- Rename read-only files
- Handbook updates and many bug-fixes.
How to Install Kid3 3.8.3 in Ubuntu:
The official Kid3 PPA has been updated with the new packages for all current Ubuntu releases, Linux Mint and derivatives.
1. Open terminal either from application launcher or by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on keyboard.When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ufleisch/kid3
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. If an old version was installed, upgrade Kid3 using Software Updater:
or run commands one by one in terminal to install or upgrade to the latest tag editor:
sudo apt update sudo apt install kid3-qt
You may replace
kid3 in the code for KDE integration, or with
kid3-cli for the command-line interface
To remove the PPA repository, either open Software & Updates-> Other Software tab, or run command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:ufleisch/kid3
To remove the audio tag editor, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt remove --auto-remove kid3 kid3-*