The digital painting software Krita 4.4.0 was officially released today with great new features and hundreds of bug fixes.
New features of Krita 4.4.0:
- Fill Layer Multithreading – Much faster on computers with multicore.
- Various pattern conversions are now possible.
- New fill layer type: screentone
- New fill layer multigrid
- Disney Animation’s SeExpr expression language integration.
- Diagonal selection line (Shift + M) of MyPaint color selector
- Support for dynamic gradient changes based on the current fore and background colors.
How to install Krita 4.4.0 on Ubuntu:
The 4.4.0 build failed due to a small error at the time of writing (October 13th). Please check the previous PPA link before you start.If you can’t wait Download appimage instead of.
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or search for Terminal from the System Applications menu to open a terminal. Once open, run the command to add the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kritalime/ppa
Enter your user password (without asterisk feedback) when prompted and press Enter to continue.
2. Next, upgrade Krita via the Software Updater.
Alternatively, run the commands one at a time in the terminal to install or upgrade your paint software.
sudo apt update sudo apt install krita
To remove a PPA[ソフトウェアとアップデート]Launch and[その他のソフトウェア]Go to the tab.
To remove Krita, run the following command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove krita krita-*