Krita, a free open source painting program, is primarily a bugfix release, but released version 4.4.2 yesterday with some important new features.
Krita 4.4.2 Comes with over 300 changes. The new features in this release are:
- Implementation of SVG mesh gradient.
- Mesh transformation that allows complex transformations
- A new gradient fill layer type for creating different gradients non-destructively and quickly.
- New halftone filter
- Updated macOS integration plugin
- Shape style paste action at the bottom of the edit menu.
- Added toolbar button for wraparound mode
- New brush.
- Improved HiDPI support.
- Various bug fixes, stability and performance improvements.
How to get Krita 4.4.2 on Ubuntu:
Appimage You can download the package from the link below.
Get the package and right click[プロパティ]Go to the dialog and[権限]Just add the ability to run as a program in the tabs. And finally, click “Run Appimage” to launch Krita.
For Krita Official PPA At the moment we are still offering the version 4.4.0 package.