TeXstudio 3.0.0, an open source cross-platform LaTex editor, has finally been released after alpha, beta and rc testing.
According to the changelog, TeXstudio 3.0.0 has the following features:
- Speed up document parsing and reduce document loading time
- Spell checking is done asynchronously
- Abandoned custom verbatim/math environment highlighting for cwl-based approaches
- Better dark mode support
- Abandoned qt4 support
How to get TeXstudio 3.0.0 on Ubuntu Linux:
You can download the source code for the new release and the Windows, Mac OS, and Linux packages from:
of Official PPA We also created new release packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Linux Mint 19.x, 20 and their derivatives.
1. Open a terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard or by searching for “terminal” in the software launcher. Once open, run the following command.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sunderme/texstudio
Enter the user password (without asterisk feedback) when prompted and press Enter to add the PPA.
2. If you have an older version installed on your system,
texstudio-l10n Package before software upgrade (if any):
sudo apt-get remove texstudio-doc texstudio-l10n
3. After adding the PPA, you can upgrade it using Software Updater.
Or run a command in the terminal to install or upgrade the software.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install texstudio
To remove the LaTeX editor, run the command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove texstudio
Then go to Software & Updates -> Other Software and delete the PPA repository.